car seat airport transfer

We did the RC Shuttle ($35/pp) in February to FLL and car seats were not required.  We will not do that again from Port Everglades, though.  All of the Shuttle guests going to MIA and FLL were released from the ship at the same time and there was only one woman on the sidewalk with a printed list of all 5 buses worth of passengers on it. There was no designated place to check in for the shuttles and it was just her alone on the sidewalk with 100's of us. It was chaotic. Some people had tickets for the shuttle, some of us didn't. There was just no system in place for it. 

You’re right, probably not option #1.  It is a dilemma.  Only did car trips when my kids were little.  With the grands, if we fly, we take FAA approved car seats & use them on the plane so we have them for any vehicle we ride in.  It’s a pain though.

7 minutes ago, willowberry88 said:

I agree it’s a pain but I took our own car seat when we went on a cruise last week and gate checked the car seat before I got on the plane, at least you know you are using a clean, safe and non-expired car seat !

will the porters take it at the port like any other luggage when you arrive for the cruise?

31 minutes ago, terpcruiser said:

will the porters take it at the port like any other luggage when you arrive for the cruise?

We actually carried everything on to the ship ourselves, left it by the pool while we headed to lunch and waited for our room to be ready - but yes in the past we have checked in our car seats and they took it as long as you tag it like a piece of luggage (but this was pre-Covid) does anyone know if this has changed or have had a different experience?

Ran into this same issue when the kids were smaller. I was overly paranoid and rented a car for us because I really didn't trust the other options.

I also didn't trust the baggage folk to treat the car seat with any sense of care so I carried that thing around with me during embarkation day and debarkation day, where we took a taxi to the airport and the driver was NOT happy with me setting that thing up in his car. Understandable, since time = money for them but you gotta keep the kids safe.