Payment Error

AngelC

I'm getting this message on every browser, every device, even in incognito when I try to book a new cruise:

Sorry, something went wrong, we are unable to complete your transaction…

When I call reservations, they can't match the price I'm getting online and so, I am looking for a resolution.  I've talked with technical support, whose been no help.

Any advice?

I'm not going to say that this is the issue.  In fact, I don't think it is.  But, it sounds very familiar to how things with Royal's website used to be several years ago.  

Only one person could be logged-in to an account at a time.  So, how does this apply here, you may ask?  Well, if I was logged in but Royal was into my account for whatever reason, whatever I was doing got really screw-up.  Did really weird things.  I though they had that ironed-out/fixed by now.  But, this is Royal Caribbean "Land Side"/IT, so......

• 3 months later...

I made a payment of $300 to Royal Caribbean and they took out $2384.04 out of my account.  My travel agent has call them twice and I have called them once.  They won't address the issue with me and refer me back to my travel agent, even though they stole the money straight out of my account.  They've told my agent it would be 3-5 days, then 10 -14 days before my money is returned,  They stole it from me instantly, but can't put it back in now for 15 days.  

Wow, that would definitely upset me.  We have our travel agent make payments via credit card, which gives us a little protection.  Now our son has had good luck with Royal's payment plan when he books directly (no travel agent), but I believe he uses a credit card rather than bank account debit.

I do hope you are able to resolve your issue and enjoy your cruise.  This should not have happened to you.

This happened to me earlier this week.  In my case I'm pretty sure the issue was that I had selected My Family Time Dining.

I was booking two adjacent rooms simultaneously, one with me + DS1 and one for my husband + DS2.  I kept getting this same error message so kept trying different cards.  After about 20 mins of trying and failing to book, I noticed I got a confirmation that the booking had actually gone through notwithstanding the error messages.   However, the booking was only for one of the rooms, so only for husband + DS2.  None for me and DS1.  So I went in and tried to book a separate room for me and DS1.  Kept getting same error.  Realized the "My Family Time Dining" option was the only difference for my booking vs my husband's booking (DS1 is too young for MFTD so hadn't been an option when booking his room), so I deselected that option.  VIOLA! Instantly went through.

Later I realized DH was actually booked into two rooms (a second confirmation for him trickled in for him a few minutes after the firm).  This was charged as full fare (when I had been trying to book deposit only) and in a totally different room than I had been trying to book.  ABSOLUTELY BONKERS AND BAFFLING.  However, while I may have to wait forever for the refund to clear, they at least quickly agreed to process the refund without hassle so the guest relations experience went well.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:21 AM, Mary Lee said:

I made a payment of $300 to Royal Caribbean and they took out $2384.04 out of my account.  My travel agent has call them twice and I have called them once.  They won't address the issue with me and refer me back to my travel agent, even though they stole the money straight out of my account.  They've told my agent it would be 3-5 days, then 10 -14 days before my money is returned,  They stole it from me instantly, but can't put it back in now for 15 days.  

I would call the credit card company and file a fraud claim on the charge; let them fight it out for you. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...