Vision of the seas and the RC miss informartion

JAL

Hello, we are a Japanese family, we paid our rooms since early January 2022, RC has been telling us since the past 3 months that our son (10 years) unvaccinated could take the ship if he can take  PCR test with negative result,  before departure on April 29/2022, (he is allergic to some kind of egg albumin and other new COVID vaccines formula, he is not eligible to be vaccinate. Then suddenly yesterday RC said  we should cancel our booking because our son could not be allow it to take the transatlantic, we were crashed , upset and crazy!! what does these RC stuff thinks?  what about my job allowance, my anual holidays, my son feelings, our  Spanish hotel, train transportation, air bill from Japan and  return to Japan from Madrid (no refundable) , USA hotel, everything its planned.

These  people pon the phone just say YOU SHOUDL cancel, what the “)Y0)BSOSNoin, ?

My son is a special case, it should be treated as is, not as an adult,!!  

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 11.29.01.png

6 hours ago, JAL said:

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 11.29.01.png

You mention you are in Mexico and they do not vaccinate children under 12 in your email to RC, does this rule apply in Japan also? As you could look into getting vaccine there when you head home before heading back across to Europe for transatlantic? 

Anyone who is looking at international travel is impacted by constantly changing requirements introduced by multiple governments.

The EU is proving to be anything but consistent with different member countries establishing their own unique travel requirements and protocols.

It's a very frustrating time to plan international vacations.  I'm choosing to avoid Europe for another year hoping by then the world will have settled down into a more common sense approach.  Hopefully the virus will continue to decline.  

The cruise lines are not seeking to find ways to ban guests of any age.  They have no choice but to accept the requirements placed on them by the countries they will visit on an itinerary.  

Many of us feel and share your frustration.  

1 hour ago, Ray said:

You mention you are in Mexico and they do not vaccinate children under 12 in your email to RC, does this rule apply in Japan also? As you could look into getting vaccine there when you head home before heading back across to Europe for transatlantic? 

It's  stated  the child is allergic to some  of the vaccine ingredients and cannot get the shots.

13 hours ago, JAL said:

My son is a special case, it should be treated as is, not as an adult,!!  

I like to think that everything happens for a reason. If your son is not vaccinated and he gets a bad case of Covid in the middle of the Atlantic the medical facilities on the ship won’t be able to treat him. I understand this is highly unlikely but you never know. In addition travel insurance is a must nowadays. 

25 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

I like to think that everything happens for a reason. If your son is not vaccinated and he gets a bad case of Covid in the middle of the Atlantic the medical facilities on the ship won’t be able to treat him. I understand this is highly unlikely but you never know. In addition travel insurance is a must nowadays. 

His chances of finding a way to break a bone, or even come down with appendicitis, are far more likely. We don't help move the needle by continuing to overstate risk.

From spanish gov website, no tests or anything needed for under 12s 

Children and young people

Children under the age of 12 years old do not need to:

• complete an online Health Control Form before travel
  • show proof of being fully vaccinated on entry to Spain
  • take diagnostic tests prior to arrival
  • show proof of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months
  • meet the requirements outlined in the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page, even if they have visited a ‘risk country’ in the previous 14 days