Music in Room - Amazon Echo

Kim

We are thinking about bringing our Amazon Echo with us to enjoy better quality sound in our room. 

Thoughts on this?  Has anyone done this?  

I don't remember what we used for music last cruise....maybe the television.  I know we aren't in the room much but we do like to hear music when we are there.

Unless the Echo has a means to store/download music, an Internet connected device won't work.

Even if you had a multi device Voom package, the issue is these devices have no means to enter a username and password/authentication code that is required to login for Internet access.

This is normally entered when a device with a screen first connects to the network, think of it as click that darn agree button when getting on free WiFi.

Best bet for music, TV does have music channels, most common on is the map channel that most ships have. Other would be to download music to a cellphone and use that.

I have a Slacker subscription and Amazon Music (not the new Unlimited service, just the one with Prime).

Even if you had a multi device Voom package, the issue is these devices have no means to enter a username and password/authentication code that is required to login for Internet access.

Bingo.  I can think of a way to make this work, but trust me, you don't wanna bring a carry on with networking equipment and set yourself up with a 1 hour project :-)  

That in mind, there are many portable speakers that you could use either using Bluetooth or an analog audio cable as an input, and then play the music from your phone, mp3 player, etc.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2017 at 0:34 AM, Christie said:

It can be done to set up a device on the network (we've done it several times), but definitely stick with a Bluetooth speaker. Or just drop your phone into a glass cup. Boom. Instant speaker.

/me never heard of this before so I'm actually trying it right now with various cups that I have sitting on my desk at work.  I'm sure the co-workers are happy with me right now.