Why are the pools closing so early on Symphony of the Seas?! (And any other ships that may have this as well)

I recently sailed on Symphony of the Seas on the March 26th-April 2nd, 2022 sailing from Port Miami to the Western Caribbean, and one of my main complaints is the how early the pools closed! Does any one know why this is happening? Is it because of a  shortage of lifeguards? My family has taken many Royal Caribbean cruises over the years and I loved being able to sit in the pool or hot tub after dinner and watch movies on the pool deck under the stars. Unfortunately, cruising with my grandfather gave us only one option when it came to dining time (5:30, a.k.a. Senior citizen dining hour) and we always felt like we were cutting our day so short because we had to start getting ready for dinner at about 4:45, then when we came out of dinner around 6:45-7:15 (depending on the night), the pools were all closed! If anyone knows, please tell me! Thanks guys!

Wow I agree, that is early! On Odyssey I think a couple of pools closed at 11 (or at least 10?) and there was at least one hot tub that was posted as 24 hrs … I was surprised at this myself! One thing I was disappointed with was how early the gym closed (9pm) … after dinner we usually caught the 8pm show and then following this would typically like to go to the gym, but sadly it was not open 

3 hours ago, willowberry88 said:

Wow I agree, that is early! On Odyssey I think a couple of pools closed at 11 (or at least 10?) and there was at least one hot tub that was posted as 24 hrs … I was surprised at this myself! One thing I was disappointed with was how early the gym closed (9pm) … after dinner we usually caught the 8pm show and then following this would typically like to go to the gym, but sadly it was not open 

Yes! It was very odd. We felt that it cut our day so short. Even the cruise compass said that the pools would be open until around 9 but they were closed even earlier than that. The beach pool was occasionally open until 9 but even that’s not very late. The cantilevered hot tubs and even the solarium pool and hot tubs were also closed! It was probably one of the most disappointing things about our cruise, and we’re no strangers to Royal Caribbean.

• 1 month later...

Just got off symphony and this really upset me. My previous cruises had the pools open at night so I'm looking for answers and found your post with the same complaint! I heard somewhere a while back that someone drowned in one of the pools and now they have lifeguards and they probably don't want to pay them at night 

Edited by Catpaws007
Misspellings

1 hour ago, Catpaws007 said:

I heard somewhere a while back that someone drowned in one of the pools and now they have lifeguards and they probably don't want to pay them at night 

Crew are not paid by the hour, so no extra payment for working at night

1 hour ago, Catpaws007 said:

Just got off symphony and this really upset me. My previous cruises had the pools open at night so I'm looking for answers and found your post with the same complaint! 

Im presuming you asked the same question while onboard and didnt get an answer!