Internet - 2 devices for 2 people?

This is how my wife and I do it…..a two device plan.

We each have a phone and a tablet, so when one of us switches…say from phone to tablet…we make sure to log off  the phone before logging on the tablet. 

By making sure we log off of one device before logging on to the other, we ensure that neither of us kicks the other off. 

1 hour ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

We’re doing the same x4….  If anyone knows any reason that’s a bad idea please let us know!  😜

It's not a bad idea.  As long as you are using only 4 devices, you will not have any issues.  The issues arise when there are more devices than the plan allows and the log in requires other devices to be 'kicked off' wifi.  Teddy (above) provided a solid example for using more devices than plan allows.

6 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Can you manually “log off” one to switch to another? That way if I want to move from my phone to my tablet I wouldn’t bump anyone else off?

absolutely.  You would do just that.  On your phone, you would go to 'logoff.com' and follow instructions to remove it from the wifi.  Then you would go to 'logon.com' on your tablet and enter credentials to connect.