Does Spouse need Separate Account in Navica App?

Trying to prepare for a Binax Covid test.  I created an account for myself in the Navica App.  Can I add my spouse to the same account by adding his name to my profile or must he have a totally separate account?  He has no cell phone.   I see that I can access each of our tests results separately if I just add his name.   We are only using my cell phone to connect to a proctor.   Another question please, if we are only using my cell phone and my test is completed and I receive my results from the proctor, do we have to end that session and re-establish a connection to another proctor to have his test monitored?  We are a 75 year old couple and this is very confusing for us.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Reigert2008 said:

It’s best for each adult to have their own account and the name on the account must match the name on the ID..  when you do the testing they want to make sure that the account logged in is owned by the person taking the test.

it could be different for children,but I do not have that information

This raised a question for me.  I just looked into my NAVICA account profile and it only gives me the option of putting in my first and last name.  My passport has my middle name included.  Does that make a difference?  My first name and last name in NAVICA is correct though, matches my Passport except it excludes my middle name.  I may be over thinking this!

36 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

This raised a question for me.  I just looked into my NAVICA account profile and it only gives me the option of putting in my first and last name.  My passport has my middle name included.  Does that make a difference?  My first name and last name in NAVICA is correct though, matches my Passport except it excludes my middle name.  I may be over thinking this!

This scenario came up for my son's test. The proctor just asked if this discrepancy was OK, I said yes. I had no issues at the port.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 8:30 AM, 10-42 said:

When I did my test in January, the proctor would not let me continue because my middle name wasn't on my account. I had to hang up & go to my account and add my middle name on the same line as my first name, thus matching my passport. 

On 4/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, smokeybandit said:

This scenario came up for my son's test. The proctor just asked if this discrepancy was OK, I said yes. I had no issues at the port.

Assuming your sun was underage, were you Able to have his test done on your account?

2 hours ago, Ched03 said:

So if we have to have separate accounts for adults, how does that work when we have to show results at the port?  Do we have to log in and out of app for each adult to show the results?

Honestly, it's so much easier to just print them out.  Alternatively, you could take a screen shot of the results and then just page through them from your gallery.

I'd still print them out though, in case there's an electronics or battery failure.  I would not rely on having to log into the app in case cell service is funky and you can't get into it.

2 hours ago, Ched03 said:

So if we have to have separate accounts for adults, how does that work when we have to show results at the port?  Do we have to log in and out of app for each adult to show the results?

Yes, you would. However you can take a screen shot of your results, assuming everything on your phone screen shows the results.  Then  you can just show the pictures.

Personally, I print my results-as I like to have them in hand, just in case my phone craps out-I'm one of those "you never know" and I also have a "magnetic personality" where things that are computer related tend to not work when needed. Paper has never let me down.    There was a woman on my cruise in the fall who could not access her account on her Ipad because it had no "cellular service" and she had no wifi to connect to. She could not recall her login info for her account,(it was "autoconnect on her Ipad and the passwords were written down at home so she couldn't borrow someone's phone to log in. She had to use the outside vendor pier testing-thankfully available-and pay $150 for not being "better prepared".   Lesson, screen shot, print, write down passwords or some other format to have with you when you travel-"just in case".