Age Requirement for own cabin

Auto

I'm looking at booking a cruise for January for my family of 6. The kids will be 17, 11, 9, and 8 at time of the sailing, so the 17 year old is technically an adult as far as pricing goes.

My travel agent (when I said 3 adults, 3 kids) found a group rate that 3 cabins is cheaper than 2. Can the 17 year old be the "adult" in the third cabin?

14 minutes ago, Auto said:

I'm looking at booking a cruise for January for my family of 6. The kids will be 17, 11, 9, and 8 at time of the sailing, so the 17 year old is technically an adult as far as pricing goes.

My travel agent (when I said 3 adults, 3 kids) found a group rate that 3 cabins is cheaper than 2. Can the 17 year old be the "adult" in the third cabin?

I believe that the minimum age is 21. Sorry 🙁

What we have done in the past is both my SO and I have book adjoining rooms (connected) and one parent goes in one room and I went into the other room, at night the kids had their own room and we had ours.  We leave the door open at all times.  The room attendant can unlock the door at the start of the cruise. 

Just a thought

28 minutes ago, Auto said:

Thanks all, that was fast! We've done the connecting cabins before, but never considered doing 3 side by side by side. Looks like we might book 1 adult in one room, the "adult" in the middle room, and the other adult in the 3rd.

That's a good way to do it. You can't do this online, you'll have to call it in (or the TA will) because the online system won't recognize that the parents are next door. But the phone reps can override it.

(Yes this means that for re-pricing purposes it will have to be called in if the price decreases.)

My wife and I were on the Wonder on March 11th, 2022 with our 2 boys (age 13 and 11). We booked 2 rooms directly across the hall from each other (one outside balcony and one inside facing balcony). I was on the outside balcony reservation with my 13 year old boy, and my wife was on the inside balcony reservation with my 11 year old boy. My wife and I stayed in the outside balcony all 7 nights, while our 2 boys stayed in the inside balcony. No issues whatsoever. 

15 hours ago, Auto said:

We solve this problem splitting my wife and I on the booking but once on board go to Guest services and get extra keys. We then stay in one room and the kids in the other. Just make sure they are close to each other or connecting when booking. Never had a problem. 

All good advice.

Please realize your 17 year old is not considered an adult. I believe he will be eligible for the older teen club 15-17 and recommend he attend the first night meet because that’s where they make friends ad go off, most never returning to the scheduled teen events.

your 17 yo cannot get off the ship on his own either.

12 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

All good advice.

Please realize your 17 year old is not considered an adult. I believe he will be eligible for the older teen club 15-17 and recommend he attend the first night meet because that’s where they make friends ad go off, most never returning to the scheduled teen events.

your 17 yo cannot get off the ship on his own either.

As a person whose parents cruised with her during early adolescence, I recommend watching them closely 😂🤣 Well part of that is funny, part is a serious comment.  When I was a very young teen I had crew members coming on to me on cruise ships. Granted, this was in the 70’s and I was perhaps the only female under the age of 40 on those ships; but those guys were not just doing innocent flirting. Looking back with adult eyes it is rather shocking.