Luggage

You can carry on your luggage. Just keep in mind the bag has to fit in the xray scanner in the terminal. I want to say a suitcase in the 27 inch and under category should fit.

Other thing to keep in mind you won't have access to your room until around 1:00pm.

Exactly, do you really want to have to lug your luggage around with you as you explore the ship?  Heck, lugging around a gym bag with me the last time got real old, real fast.  My wife was the smart one because she had a small backpack to hold everything she needed until 1:00

Exactly, do you really want to have to lug your luggage around with you as you explore the ship?  Heck, lugging around a gym bag with me the last time got real old, real fast.  My wife was the smart one because she had a small backpack to hold everything she needed until 1:00

Know what you mean.

I bring a camera bag with me and also have a backpack with stuff that I don't want checked. Backpack isn't so bad. Dang loaded down camera bag becomes a pain.

Guest toodle68

By the time we were allowed into the staterooms, our luggage was waiting for us.  The thought of carrying our luggage around the terminal and around the ship for a few hours is too horrific to consider.. and I am sure your fellow passengers might not appreciate it.  Just take a backpack of stuff you need.

Like the majority of the experienced cruisers will tell you on here,  dragging your luggage around the ship until the rooms open will be a royal pain in the tush.  Most everyone getting on the ship will be exploring so all the public areas will be somewhat crowded.  If you dont mind sitting somewhere until rooms open then go for it.   When the rooms open around 1pm your luggage will be waiting for you or will be there shortly there after.  If you decide to check your luggage make sure to take a small one with you to keep your documents, jewelry , money or anything of real value.  Have a good time and relax (you re on vacation)

....  If you dont mind sitting somewhere until rooms open then go for it....

Not directed at you MikeK, just using your quote

Pet peeve of mine: If you do happen sit somewhere. Please don't do it in Windjammer (or Park Cafe on Oasis Class), others would like a spot to sit to enjoy their first meal on board. Also, depending on ship, the space between tables can be tight and luggage will limit that even more. Best bet, after enjoying a meal would be to find a lounge/bar or other area and wait until the rooms open up.

Pet peeve of mine: If you do happen sit somewhere. Please don't do it in Windjammer (or Park Cafe on Oasis Class), others would like a spot to sit to enjoy their first meal on board. Also, depending on ship, the space between tables can be tight and luggage will limit that even more. Best bet, after enjoying a meal would be to find a lounge/bar or other area and wait until the rooms open up.

Completely agree. We had a horrendous experience with this on one of the older Celebrity ships because the buffet was the only option for lunch. On Allure, we went to Sabor knowing that it wouldn't be crowded, which made for a nicer boarding experience.

I never bring any luggage with me..its a pain to drag around for hours(as I try to get on asap)

So much nicer to enjoy and relax for those first few hours without worry about where to sit or stand with your luggage or keep an eye on it etc.

And while rooms MAY be ready at 1pm...there is no guarantee...I have had cases when my luggage didn't get to the room till closer to 4pm.

no offense taken and I totally agree with you. I would have included that in my text but I feel I get long winded sometime and I just cut it off.

Bothering with luggage on embarkation day is a complete hassle...you will hate it until you get into your room.

I like to bring a small daypack with essentials, and after eating in the Windjammer, I like Boleros or R Bar on Freedom...I'm betting there will be plenty of space away from the flow of traffic and you can have your first drink or three while being amused at all the stressed out people running here and there...

I will add my "agree" to that of the others.  I would never, never, never take my big luggage (couldn't anyway, as it would never make it through the scanner) with me onto the ship.  Just the small piece that I keep with me is bad enough....and it is constantly in somebody's way, if not my own.

I find the luggage handling on a cruise ship to be the 8th wonder of the world.  All I can say is I'm very happy that it's not my job.  I don't know how they do it...but they do a damn good job at it.

Relax.  Give the guy at the curb a couple of bucks and go enjoy your first day on the ship !

I'm with the "let them deal with it" crowd.  I can't imagine hauling all the crap we'll end up taking with us around the ship.  We'll each take a small backpack/daybag with us, and everything else will go into checked luggage.  

I tend to agree

I never bring any luggage with me..its a pain to drag around for hours(as I try to get on asap)

So much nicer to enjoy and relax for those first few hours without worry about where to sit or stand with your luggage or keep an eye on it etc.

And while rooms MAY be ready at 1pm...there is no guarantee...I have had cases when my luggage didn't get to the room till closer to 4pm.

It's interesting that you mentioned about your luggage not getting there later..... when we were on Grandeur in September, cabins opened right at 1:00 -- we went down, no luggage, I took a walk to the lobby area and looked at the carts of suitcases.... nothing, then, as we were heading to muster drill, my wife spots her suitcase ...... Bingo, the other ones were right with hers... we unpacked in record time and was still able to make it to muster.  You just need to be patient.