Jump to content

Covid tests


Recommended Posts

You can use the app OR your computer camera.  The easy way to get the app is to scan the front QR code. Be sure your BiNaxNOW Covid test hasn't expired. Mine was set to expire in November and I didn't realize until I tested today for my Harmony voyage Sunday.  Very simple process that takes total about 25-30 minutes. I have cruises in October, December and April '23 and know that this test is the best.  Good Luck!!!

** And Yes....your wife needs an account with NAVICA. Not sure about your daughter using yours.  Maybe someone else can help with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This looked like a good place to ask this question about using the Abbot proctored testing [hope this not considered hijacking a thread, but about covid testing so should be cogent?] Right?.

We're booked on a cruise to the Baltic in June [after 21/2years of postponements, lifts and shifts, and cancellations]...but our one last and 'great' hesitation is about covid testing to come back home, which the CDC still requires to get back on a plane into the USA [with a very narrow window of 24 hours].  Denmark and the UK [and other nations] have all dropped testing requirements...but our own USA CDC wants to keep us in pandemic mode forever.  

So my question is about these Abbot tests being used for onboard testing, say a day before one disembarks [say on a baltic cruise] to catch their plane home.  Yes, we've used  the abbot tests before, and it's great at home where we have internet service and wifi.  But...onboard a ship...in the baltic sea?  Our only experience with wifi abroad was in the Mediterranean on the Rhapsody OS, and it was slower than dirt [almost unusable really].  That was just to print out a flight boarding pass...and not for a live proctor of testing and peer to peer video communication.

Not being techies, what might be our expectations for using those abbot PROCTORED tests using onbaord wifi and internet? Is this doable?  Would we need to have purchased high powered interenet for this [for lack of better term; again we're not techies].

We might add here, we are doing our air through royal's 'AirtoSea' program, and can't believe they don't provide such testing last day of a cruise to get back on a plane to come home.  Our travel agent seems to have no information on this. So we are 'assuming' Royal does NOT provide this [just throws you off the ship in a foreign port for you to fend for yourself]? (should we be pe'o'd at our agent or Royal, we don't know). We see Celebrity no longer give Canadians such testing to fly back to Canada from, say Miami. So...We are struggling for information on this subject [their website seems geared toward caribbean travelers going back overseas..not USA travelers coming back to USA].  We are on the verge of canceling if we can't get better information on this.  Make it the fourth one in row, ha. [we lost St. Petersburg already anyway lol].  And as much as love Royal...this one strikes deeply [Carnival looking better all the time, ha].  [not really]. Maybe MSC.

Thanks to anyone with REAL information on this [like a Royal Carib. employee or something].  Rumors are a dime a dozen [like we'd "NEVER" go to Labadee on the Harmony in January, ha again]. [Which we did, and had a great time].

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LinRon2 said:

This looked like a good place to ask this question about using the Abbot proctored testing [hope this not considered hijacking a thread, but about covid testing so should be cogent?] Right?.

We're booked on a cruise to the Baltic in June [after 21/2years of postponements, lifts and shifts, and cancellations]...but our one last and 'great' hesitation is about covid testing to come back home, which the CDC still requires to get back on a plane into the USA [with a very narrow window of 24 hours].  Denmark and the UK [and other nations] have all dropped testing requirements...but our own USA CDC wants to keep us in pandemic mode forever.  

So my question is about these Abbot tests being used for onboard testing, say a day before one disembarks [say on a baltic cruise] to catch their plane home.  Yes, we've used  the abbot tests before, and it's great at home where we have internet service and wifi.  But...onboard a ship...in the baltic sea?  Our only experience with wifi abroad was in the Mediterranean on the Rhapsody OS, and it was slower than dirt [almost unusable really].  That was just to print out a flight boarding pass...and not for a live proctor of testing and peer to peer video communication.

Not being techies, what might be our expectations for using those abbot PROCTORED tests using onbaord wifi and internet? Is this doable?  Would we need to have purchased high powered interenet for this [for lack of better term; again we're not techies].

We might add here, we are doing our air through royal's 'AirtoSea' program, and can't believe they don't provide such testing last day of a cruise to get back on a plane to come home.  Our travel agent seems to have no information on this. So we are 'assuming' Royal does NOT provide this [just throws you off the ship in a foreign port for you to fend for yourself]? (should we be pe'o'd at our agent or Royal, we don't know). We see Celebrity no longer give Canadians such testing to fly back to Canada from, say Miami. So...We are struggling for information on this subject [their website seems geared toward caribbean travelers going back overseas..not USA travelers coming back to USA].  We are on the verge of canceling if we can't get better information on this.  Make it the fourth one in row, ha. [we lost St. Petersburg already anyway lol].  And as much as love Royal...this one strikes deeply [Carnival looking better all the time, ha].  [not really]. Maybe MSC.

Thanks to anyone with REAL information on this [like a Royal Carib. employee or something].  Rumors are a dime a dozen [like we'd "NEVER" go to Labadee on the Harmony in January, ha again]. [Which we did, and had a great time].

 

I'll be cruising the Arctic in June. My plan is to test at the airport upon departure. (I'm sailing out of Amsterdam; I assume you'll be sailing from Copenhagen?)

I'm hoping the testing requirements will change by June, but if not I have planned my flights to have plenty of time to test.

For Copenhagen airport, here is the link to the testing site: Falck COVID-19 test centre (cph.dk)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KristiZ said:

I'll be cruising the Arctic in June. My plan is to test at the airport upon departure. (I'm sailing out of Amsterdam; I assume you'll be sailing from Copenhagen?)

I'm hoping the testing requirements will change by June, but if not I have planned my flights to have plenty of time to test.

For Copenhagen airport, here is the link to the testing site: Falck COVID-19 test centre (cph.dk)

 

Hey, thanks a lot.  The Falck test center at the airport might be our best option.  Still hard to believe Royal would just throw you off the ship on an 'air to sea' booking.  Any costs are not an issue (well, to a point anyway), but just getting the test, that's the problem [the where, how to get there, timing etc].  Here at home, one of our first cruises last year, we had to travel 55 minutes there and back to get an antigen test...and we LIVE HERE and are quite familiar with our state, and can DRIVE ourselves anywhere, and speak the language [though, we realize english pretty widely spoken these days].  In a foreign land...it might seem easy to those who live there or have done it [like it does to us now here in the states], but not so much if youre from out of town, much less the country. With only a 24 hour window everything has to be peaperfect.  We still might have to cancel just for sake of a dumb swab up the noggin'; we just haven't decided if we really want to risk missing our flight back home.  But the 'Falck' info gives us a viable option at least. Thank you again.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m basically in the same boat-no pun intended. Can you do the video testing on your iPhone instead of a laptop? I really don’t want to take a laptop on a cruise! Is the Abbot test the only test Royal accepts? Info on this is impossible to find on their site. Frustrating!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, greenline627 said:

Hate to keep beating this dead horse but  for those that got the paper work what must the certificate or paper work say to be excepted by RCL.  I found a drug store that does them for 50.00 and no appt. needed.

Thanks, Ed

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

I just noticed that CrznTxn's example doesn't show the "CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number".  UNLESS the "TEST ID" that has been Xed out is all that is required.  I wouldn't worry about that though.  It's obvious that it is acceptable.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Perryrccl said:

Ho we fly out of Holland to Miami. Our children need a pcr test does anyone know a good adress to do it near miami.

I'd look to do it at the airport in Miami. Try to book a reservation in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dcarrubba said:

Does anyone know what time zone NAVICA is on?  Would like to test at 12am Friday for a Sunday cruise.  I'm testing from the east coast (NY).  Thanks.

They are 24hr but your test results are based on your time zone, I was told based on where you live and not where you are. So, for example when I test, it gives time for IL, even though I am/might be in Florida. They will time it based on your ID. This was the case for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jay1021 said:

I just noticed that CrznTxn's example doesn't show the "CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number".  UNLESS the "TEST ID" that has been Xed out is all that is required.  I wouldn't worry about that though.  It's obvious that it is acceptable.  

If its done at a pharmacy they won't have a lab number so they would need what a certificate number which would be what. Have not cruised since the virus had two cancelled so just trying to make sure I have everything I need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, greenline627 said:

If its done at a pharmacy they won't have a lab number so they would need what a certificate number which would be what. Have not cruised since the virus had two cancelled so just trying to make sure I have everything I need.

I don't know about your question specifically.  I'd ask the pharmacy how they can meet the minimum requirements of Royal's.  If the pharmacy has a lab to provide analysis of chemical tests, I'd think they are governmentally recognized and some sort of certification with a # would be issued.  But I don't know for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more tip on doing the emed Abbott test and my apologies if someone else mentioned this to my messages. 
 

someone did mention do not open the box before the live call which is just on super important. They tell you when to open the box. My tip is about reading the end results. 
The way they phras the question at the end of the test in my opinion is loaded. They will say something like “do you agree there are two pink lines on the test” and if you say “yes” that means you are saying you are positive. If you only see one line which means you are negative, then be clear that you do not see two lines- you only see one line. 
 

I have use the emed test for my last three Cruises, and while they are a little expensive it is super convenient and easy. I typically do it the night before the cruise. I think they are available 24x7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, can different accounts use same email address?

Do you have to use the App or can I do the test on my computer logging on to a web site instead of an app?

is it easy to do on a phone? I am thinking someone would need to hold the phone so camera is focused properly for proctor to see test while test subject is taking the test??

All of this makes me anxious.

Thanks for your help.

Cruising for first time in a few years in June on the Allure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mich said:

Hi, can different accounts use same email address?

Do you have to use the App or can I do the test on my computer logging on to a web site instead of an app?

is it easy to do on a phone? I am thinking someone would need to hold the phone so camera is focused properly for proctor to see test while test subject is taking the test??

All of this makes me anxious.

Thanks for your help.

Cruising for first time in a few years in June on the Allure.

 

Welcome to the boards!

I can’t remember off hand, but I think the email address is your account login, so you will need separate emails. I could be misremembering though…

You do not have to use the app, but you do need both an eMed and Navica account. 
 

It is easy to use a phone. Just prop it up so both the back and front camera can be accessed and there is enough visible space on the table in front of you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mich said:

Hi, can different accounts use same email address?

Do you have to use the App or can I do the test on my computer logging on to a web site instead of an app?

is it easy to do on a phone? I am thinking someone would need to hold the phone so camera is focused properly for proctor to see test while test subject is taking the test??

All of this makes me anxious.

Thanks for your help.

Cruising for first time in a few years in June on the Allure.

 

Only children are allowed to share an email with an adult. Your email is your login info, so each adult needs their own email. They can share a device but need separate credentials. You can use any device that has a camera and whatever is easiest for the proctor to see you and the test materials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 2:44 PM, Ampurp85 said:

They are 24hr but your test results are based on your time zone, I was told based on where you live and not where you are. So, for example when I test, it gives time for IL, even though I am/might be in Florida. They will time it based on your ID. This was the case for me. 

So are you saying if I take my test in Las Vegas at 5am 6/1/22, then land in Rome and our cruise check in time is 6/2/22 at 12pm, the time that RC looks at is Las Vegas time of testing? We have to do our test 24 hours before cruise. So we should be good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hharris1997 said:

So are you saying if I take my test in Las Vegas at 5am 6/1/22, then land in Rome and our cruise check in time is 6/2/22 at 12pm, the time that RC looks at is Las Vegas time of testing? We have to do our test 24 hours before cruise. So we should be good 

Yes and no-ish. Some posters say they use a UTC time zone, which may NOW be the case as I last used them in Oct 2021/Jan 2022. I am sure as time went on, they got more and more streamlined. The time only matters if you are doing it "right at midnight" scenario, otherwise all they care about is the date. The right-at-midnight scenario could affect the date, otherwise any time you test on 6/1 will be fine as long as it is 1 day, not 24hrs, before embarkation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...