Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom - Costa Maya

mikeMTL

The Maya-Lost Mayan Kingdom waterpark and zip lining in Costa Maya, Mexico looks amazing but they say on their website that they have temporarily shut down. Does anyone have any  information as to why or whether they will be coming back? Hoping its available for my trip in January!

21 hours ago, ellipses127 said:

I don't remember where I saw it for sure, but probably posted here, that it might be opening back up in May. If it does I'll cancel the other excursion that we have booked at this port to go to the water park. We did it in 2017 & it was so much fun! 

Agreed! Dare I say the best water park ever due to the elevators to take you up to the top slides… sure they smell and are gross on the feet… but when you get tired and want to keep riding the awesome slides and ziplining, it’s a lifesaver. We have missed this park the last couple trips to costa Maya!

2 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

Agreed! Dare I say the best water park ever due to the elevators to take you up to the top slides… sure they smell and are gross on the feet… but when you get tired and want to keep riding the awesome slides and ziplining, it’s a lifesaver. We have missed this park the last couple trips to costa Maya!

Yesssss!!! I am really hoping they open again. I think they just built one in El Paso, Tx recently so there is a smidge of hope!! 

• 5 months later...
On 10/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, EvergreenCruzers said:

Anyone know if this has been re-opened yet?

Not as of mid Oct 2022.

But this time I did hear construction noise from inside the walls.  Have been told that is actually owned by the port.  Also heard a rumor that Royal has a 40% interest in port ownership.  All could just be nothing but rumors, except the construction noise.

4 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Not as of mid Oct 2022.

But this time I did hear construction noise from inside the walls.  Have been told that is actually owned by the port.  Also heard a rumor that Royal has a 40% interest in port ownership.  All could just be nothing but rumors, except the construction noise.

Fingers crossed that the needle is moving closer to re-opening. Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 8:23 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Good to see you on the boards, @bcarney.  

Thanks, @WAAAYTOOO. It's been a while, lots of life changes, COVID, etc.  Now post election both my wife and I are looking at unemployment, so this NCL cruise might be our last for a while. We'll see what time brings us.

On 10/24/2022 at 9:17 PM, SID 3 said:

I walked to the waterpark and nobody is keeping it up. Overgrown with weeds on the outside and in need of repair. Hopefully someone buys this park and gets it back up and running. I spoke with a local and he claims it has been sold so we will see. It was a great waterpark.

Maybe there will be a new excursion to visit the ruins of a replica of the ruins........

I booked Maya Chan for April (yes, I'm a planner...) and mentioned the water park - my kids REALLY want to go to this park again and I was asking about the cancellation policy in case the water park reopens. They told me that that it hasn't reopened because the port was having trouble finding staff for the park.