How Strict are Royal's Policies

Ja-sun

On our upcoming cruise, we reserved two rooms. One for my wife and myself, and one for my daughter and her friend. Now, my daughter and her friend are both 18, and policy is that they have to have a room beside us. My question is, how strict is Royal on this policy? Say for instance, we would Royal up and be split up, do you think Royal would really dig into how old the passengers are and make a big deal out of it, or would you think this would be the less of their concerns? Has anyone actually done this with guests under 21? 

50 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

On our upcoming cruise, we reserved two rooms. One for my wife and myself, and one for my daughter and her friend. Now, my daughter and her friend are both 18, and policy is that they have to have a room beside us. My question is, how strict is Royal on this policy? Say for instance, we would Royal up and be split up, do you think Royal would really dig into how old the passengers are and make a big deal out of it, or would you think this would be the less of their concerns? Has anyone actually done this with guests under 21? 

You could always put you wife in one cabin, and yourself in the other to get around the issue.

43 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

My youngest daughter was against cruising, she and her husband were afraid that they would be bored.  So, I purchased a Grand Suite for my wife and I and I also purchased a Ocean View Balcony cabin on the Oasis for her and her husband and 2 kids.  She, now, was obligated to go 😀.  Anyway, my 2 grandkids really liked our suite, we had let them stay with us in the suite on the pull-out sofa.  They weren't suite class guests but they stayed in a suite.  Nobody said anything, not even the Steward who had to make the extra bed everyday. 

I think, especially if they are 18, are behaved, and don't talk about it, there shouldn't be a problem.  It's not like they will be jumping up and down on the beds, yelling, screaming, destroying things.  If they act like adults, there shouldn't be a problem.  I don't think Royal has "Cabin Occupancy Police".  

JMHO

7 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

My youngest daughter was against cruising, she and her husband were afraid that they would be bored.  So, I purchased a Grand Suite for my wife and I and I also purchased a Ocean View Balcony cabin on the Oasis for her and her husband and 2 kids.  She, now, was obligated to go 😀.  Anyway, my 2 grandkids really liked our suite, we had let them stay with us in the suite on the pull-out sofa.  They weren't suite class guests but they stayed in a suite.  Nobody said anything, not even the Steward who had to make the extra bed everyday. 

I think, especially if they are 18, are behaved, and don't talk about it, there shouldn't be a problem.  It's not like they will be jumping up and down on the beds, yelling, screaming, destroying things.  If they act like adults, there shouldn't be a problem.  I don't think Royal has "Cabin Occupancy Police".  

JMHO

BTW, after about 3 days on the cruise, my daughter and her husband were in the "Next Cruise" kiosk purchasing another cruise, a Star Class Suite.  I think they enjoyed cruising.  Now, they can't get enough of it.