Trouble with RCCL site

arebee

I prefer to call directly or go through my travel agent. I feel I get much better service than trying to book something on line.

A few years ago I booked over the phone.  Didn't like the experience, I needed to make a change and they told me (several different times) it was locked and they couldn't do anything.  It was something to do with linking with another reservation.   Said I could get it fixed on the ship.  Was at customer service over an hour .  Last time I called them, I prefer to keep control of my own reservation. 

There have been some ongoing issues since they updated their site for sure.

I know here at work...sometimes I can do a search and sometimes I cant. Sometimes I can get 50% the way through a booking and then it freezes or times out.

Also been some rumors and people claiming that this has only happened when they tried to book a great "deal", and by the time they can get it to work or call the 800# after they give up trying online, the "deal" is no longer available.......

So who knows....I personally use a cpl other sites when looking for deals with RCI, as their site is prob the only site that I visit out of hundreds of sites a week that gives me issues.

Guest toodle68

I had the same issue a few days ago with Chrome and switched to IE and it worked ok.  I find there website to be horrid considering we are in 2017.  One common issue I have is when you go back and forth making changes to a potential new booking. After about 2-3 changes (number of rooms, people in rooms), it stops updating and you have to completely clear your cache, restart the browser etc and then go back in.  

The first time this happened, I did not realized it and I changed from 2 inside cabins to 2 balcony rooms and the price was the same.. I was like 'now were talking!!' ..  I wonder what would have happened if I continued on to book it..

Been trying to book a cruise, every time I try to pick a room I get a white screen and a spinner in the middle.  Anyone else having issues?  Been going on for a few days now.  I tried firefox and microsoft edge.

I had the same exact issue across different browsers and computers. In this case, I don't think it was just you.

I use Google and I have not been able to get on the RCL site for weeks. If I go through Internet Explorer I can get in. I called RCL and asked for technical support and was told they don't have a designated technical support, that the customer rep will try to help, absolutely no help. I am not computer literate but neither was she. She told me to clean out my cookies. OK if you say so.

• 3 weeks later...

RCL's website has a mind of its own, sadly, but usually clearing your history/cache files helps. I've started using cruises.united.com to book since their site loads a bit faster and is easy to navigate - their mobile layout is also nicer than Royal's for now, but I have a feeling they'll improve that some time soon.