Royal Caribbean leaving New Orleans

I would be curious as to why Royal keeps changing their stance on NO. Is it financial? Are those taking cruses from NO not big onboard spenders? Do they need to discount the cruises to get people onboard? I can't imagine any other reason besides financial to justify the changes.

My wife goes to NO every year for a public health conference and lets just say it isn't her favorite place to visit while traveling for many reasons. Also I've heard a lot of people say the Port of NO is very unorganized with long wait times to get on and leave the ship. Hopefully that has changed.

I Also I've heard a lot of people say the Port of NO is very unorganized with long wait times to get on and leave the ship. Hopefully that has changed.

The Serenade of Seas was very organized for both embarkation and disembarkation. NOLA has become our favorite cruise port. The city has many great attractions. We will miss having a RCI ship. Our only choices now will be Carnival and NCL in the winter months.

post-417-0-91472600-1402504450_thumb.jpg

I would be curious as to why Royal keeps changing their stance on NO. Is it financial? Are those taking cruses from NO not big onboard spenders? Do they need to discount the cruises to get people onboard? I can't imagine any other reason besides financial to justify the changes.

My wife goes to NO every year for a public health conference and lets just say it isn't her favorite place to visit while traveling for many reasons. Also I've heard a lot of people say the Port of NO is very unorganized with long wait times to get on and leave the ship. Hopefully that has changed.

I have no doubt the decision is financial based.  Maybe it's onboard spending, maybe its cruise fares.  

I do believe they will return to New Orleans within a year or two.