Cruise Planner Balance Payment

Due to a recent change to one of our bookings, we lost the $50 OBC that we had used to purchase some items in the cruise planner.  Now we have a balance to pay.  Is there a way to do this online?  I'm on the phone now waiting and don't see it in the planner, but figured I's ask just in case.  Thanks!

(We did a reprice and even after losing the OBC, we're still ahead by $137, so it's all good. ) 🙂 

I did the same thing and repriced our cruise and lost our $50 OBC but netted $250 savings. 😀 I could not pay online and had to call (with an hour on hold). No problem because we saved on our upcoming cruise! However, we have now received emails every day saying we have a $0.00 balance and must call to pay. After another call (and hour long hold), I am told all is fine. Although, I now received emails for both that OBC telling me to pay zero, and for the cruise itself saying I owe a zero balance but it must be paid to avoid cancelation. I’m sure this is just a glitch, but I will be calling again today to make sure our cruise, which is completely paid for, is not canceled.

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

When you go to your cart (online) and check out, you will be prompted for payment.    I am a little confused about how you made your original purchase without going online to the Cruise Planner.

The op made purchase online but paid for it with promotional OBC. They repriced and lost the OBC so now they have a balance. CP does glitch so it probably wouldn't allow to go back and pay the balance they now have with the loss of OBC due to repricing.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The op made purchase online but paid for it with promotional OBC. They repriced and lost the OBC so now they have a balance. CP does glitch so it probably wouldn't allow to go back and pay the balance they now have with the loss of OBC due to repricing.

Copy.  I think a work-around would be to cancel and then rebook.  Then the new purchase could be paid for with credit card.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

22 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Copy.  I think a work-around would be to cancel and then rebook.  Then the new purchase could be paid for with credit card.

For clarity, here was the chain of events 🙂

Booked Cruise which included $50 OBC from Royal Caribbean

Booked Drink packages using $50 OBC

Repriced cruise (saving $187 total) this caused us to lose the $50 OBC from Royal

Received email from Royal letting me know I now had a balance and when the deadline to pay was.  email instructed to call to make payment

Called Royal and made the payment

@ChessE4 - I could have cancelled and repurchased, but my original price was $5 a day cheaper than the current price, so it wouldn't have made sense to do that at this time.  Paying the additional $50 was the better option.

I looked in the CP and i think because i had already purchased, it just doesn't know how to take the extra $50.  Not a big deal, but I have reached out to Royal with a suggestion to add a link in the email that allows you to pay the additional funds online.  I'm not sure how often this would even occur, so it's probably not a big deal.

I do have another cruise this year that my TA is working to see if it can be repriced cheaper and if so will have to call again, since it also has $50 OBC associated with it.  

Thanks everyeone!

8 hours ago, TRagone said:

I did the same thing and repriced our cruise and lost our $50 OBC but netted $250 savings. 😀 I could not pay online and had to call (with an hour on hold). No problem because we saved on our upcoming cruise! However, we have now received emails every day saying we have a $0.00 balance and must call to pay. After another call (and hour long hold), I am told all is fine. Although, I now received emails for both that OBC telling me to pay zero, and for the cruise itself saying I owe a zero balance but it must be paid to avoid cancelation. I’m sure this is just a glitch, but I will be calling again today to make sure our cruise, which is completely paid for, is not canceled.

I agree.  While I appreciate the $50 OBC I had, we only care about the Total Cost of the Trip when I look at "the books".  I'm always chsing the cheapest price on each item flights, pre/post hotel, cruise, cruise planner, transfers, etc...

For one of our remaining 2022 cruises, we've already used our Rapid Reward points to get the round trip flights for free, so that was really awesome!  If I can get us the hotel for free through Marriott, I'll be on top of the world! 🙂