Charleston Cruise Port

HeatherB

Hello, we are soon setting sail on our first cruise since the pandemic (YEA!).  One of the stops is Charleston.  We have never cruised here before.  We will arrive in port at 8 a.m. and have signed up for one of the excursions but it doesn't start until mid-afternoon.   Is this this the type of port where you can walk off the ship and walk to see the sites or do you need to take an Uber/Shuttle to go to points of interest? 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, HeatherB said:

Hello, we are soon setting sail on our first cruise since the pandemic (YEA!).  One of the stops is Charleston.  We have never cruised here before.  We will arrive in port at 8 a.m. and have signed up for one of the excursions but it doesn't start until mid-afternoon.   Is this this the type of port where you can walk off the ship and walk to see the sites or do you need to take an Uber/Shuttle to go to points of interest? 

Welcome to the boards!

We we’re just in Charleston two weeks ago on a cruise. Super easy to just walk off the ship and see interesting things. I recommend the market and Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit!

My mom lives in Charleston. I go all the time. Luckily the cruise port is right in the middle of town. So everything is in walking distance, the market,  the Battery, good food, places to get a drink. If you time time to spare I suggest doing a carriage ride. Only takes about 90 min and it's a big red barn right close to Port area.