Multiple items in the MDR

Lexster

So, I've been wondering on what the limit is here. I know I've seen it mentioned that they'll let you order multiple entrees in the MDR, but I'm curious how crazy they'll let you be? Could you ask them for each of the main entrees if you wanted? Like, finish one and then keep bringing them out like a multi-course dinner? Or ask for one of every dessert? I know it's a lot of food and I very likely wouldn't do that, but I'm more curious on where the true limits are for things like that.

32 minutes ago, Lexster said:

So, I've been wondering on what the limit is here. I know I've seen it mentioned that they'll let you order multiple entrees in the MDR, but I'm curious how crazy they'll let you be? Could you ask them for each of the main entrees if you wanted? Like, finish one and then keep bringing them out like a multi-course dinner? Or ask for one of every dessert? I know it's a lot of food and I very likely wouldn't do that, but I'm more curious on where the true limits are for things like that.

Yes.  You could

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Table next to us on Harmony ordered every dessert on the menu, took a few bites of each & left the rest.  Wasteful IMHO 

Yeah, like I said, I don't anticipate doing this unless I feel I can finish everything, but I've looked at the menu and there are definitely some nights that have two desserts I'll want.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Lexster You can also ask for smaller portions of entrees if you want to try a lot of things. 

What my wife does almost every dinner meal. Might get asked "Are you sure?", but they don't have a problem doing it.

Same with dessert too. Definitely going to be asked "Are you sure?" with that request. Multiple times.  Until you get up to leave. And then they'll probably ask if you want something to take with you. 😁

11 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

On my last cruise, by Wednesday my waiter would ask me, "and which two desserts will you be trying tonight?"

My husband ordered 2 desserts each night on our Feb cruise, but he would always get 1 now and 1 to go.  On the last night he told the waiter he didn't need the "to go dessert" that night.  But our eager to please waiter insisted.... and brought 4 large chocolate chip cookies.  I decided to put them in a ziplock bag and we ate them on the flight home the next day.  It was nice to have.

1 hour ago, need2cruz said:

My husband ordered 2 desserts each night on our Feb cruise, but he would always get 1 now and 1 to go.  On the last night he told the waiter he didn't need the "to go dessert" that night.  But our eager to please waiter insisted.... and brought 4 large chocolate chip cookies.  I decided to put them in a ziplock bag and we ate them on the flight home the next day.  It was nice to have.

Thank you for the reminder to stash a ziploc bag for some coconut cookies...

I usually get three lobster tails on lobster night. I don't get lobster at home so I go all out on cruises.  My wife ordered lamb chops on lobster night and gave me one. They were so good we ordered another and split them. I don't eat desert (on keto) but occasionally my wife will order another desert if she doesn't like the first one.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:04 PM, Rackham said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/blog/a-very-royal-recipe-ranger-cookies/

Here's how to make them. Royal shared the recipe a few years ago.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:45 PM, Andy & Sheryl Unwin said:

Thank you, I have passed that to Sheryl and hope to enjoy the results

I am very pleased to report a successful outcome.  There are about 50 ranger cookies in the pantry now.  They are, delicious.

Just off Allure and I found the Main Dining staff to be extremely accommodating. I read before the cruise that the staff were excited to meet your needs - and I admit, I scoffed a bit. I thought that they are most likely willing, but probably not "excited" to do so. Now that I'm post-cruise, I stand corrected. The staff in the dining room bent over backwards and genuinely seemed thrilled to respond to requests. They really want you to be happy. 

I was never hungry enough to order two of multiple courses, but I did order appetizers for first and second course one night, and two main dishes for first and second course a different night. But the biggest thing they did for us was to bring us cold fruit soups. I asked on the first night if there would be any cold soups available during the cruise. They went out of their way to create a cold fruit soup EVERY NIGHT for my whole family. They were almost mischievous about "surprising" us with the flavor of the soup and were so excited when we arrived in the dining room to present our soup to us. Also, the night my oldest child got really sunburned and had to leave the dining room early to go and lay down/put aloe on, the staff volunteered to pack up dessert for them. When we got back to the room, they had packed up multiple desserts on the plate, not just the one my child ordered. 

AND, our assistant waiter worked at Windjammer during the day and always recognized us and came over to say hello. On our last sea day, he saw (from WJ) my husband getting on the Zipline and videotaped him going across to show us at dinner (and then sent the video to my husband's phone). Really phenomenal service from all of them in the dining room.

3 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Just off Allure and I found the Main Dining staff to be extremely accommodating. I read before the cruise that the staff were excited to meet your needs - and I admit, I scoffed a bit. I thought that they are most likely willing, but probably not "excited" to do so. Now that I'm post-cruise, I stand corrected. The staff in the dining room bent over backwards and genuinely seemed thrilled to respond to requests. They really want you to be happy. 

I was never hungry enough to order two of multiple courses, but I did order appetizers for first and second course one night, and two main dishes for first and second course a different night. But the biggest thing they did for us was to bring us cold fruit soups. I asked on the first night if there would be any cold soups available during the cruise. They went out of their way to create a cold fruit soup EVERY NIGHT for my whole family. They were almost mischievous about "surprising" us with the flavor of the soup and were so excited when we arrived in the dining room to present our soup to us. Also, the night my oldest child got really sunburned and had to leave the dining room early to go and lay down/put aloe on, the staff volunteered to pack up dessert for them. When we got back to the room, they had packed up multiple desserts on the plate, not just the one my child ordered. 

AND, our assistant waiter worked at Windjammer during the day and always recognized us and came over to say hello. On our last sea day, he saw (from WJ) my husband getting on the Zipline and videotaped him going across to show us at dinner (and then sent the video to my husband's phone). Really phenomenal service from all of them in the dining room.

Really hoping we have a similar experience. That sounds wonderful.