Rhapsody and Grandeur up for sale?

I find it a little hard to believe, especially with Grandeur, considering all the work that's been done to satisfy the environmental regulations for being in the Chesapeake..... plus, with the new multi-year agreement with Maryland and the City of Baltimore, what next?  Enchantment?  Vision? 

Or will a Radiance Class ship actually fit under the bridges?

I guess we'll see.

I guess demand really is there for the bigger and newer ships.....I never made it on either of these....

I wonder why one of them is $100 mill more than the other...same class and almost same age?

Are these both stationed in Europe now?

I also saw there it looks like its the old Monarch of the seas for sale as well......

I guess demand really is there for the bigger and newer ships.....I never made it on either of these....

I wonder why one of them is $100 mill more than the other...same class and almost same age?

Are these both stationed in Europe now?

I also saw there it looks like its the old Monarch of the seas for sale as well......

Grandeur is going out of Baltimore year round ...

Rhapsody is currently going out of Tampa.

yeah..I saw that after I did a little research....you can book still pretty far out on both of these ships, so I am guessing it takes while for these to sell....

I really need to try to get out on these before they are gone....that maybe my next incentive for booking a cruise!

We'll be on Grandeur in September ......  As they say ...... "Come on Down!!!!" ---

I find it a little hard to believe, especially with Grandeur, considering all the work that's been done to satisfy the environmental regulations for being in the Chesapeake..... plus, with the new multi-year agreement with Maryland and the City of Baltimore, what next?  Enchantment?  Vision? 

Or will a Radiance Class ship actually fit under the bridges?

I guess we'll see.

I wonder if maybe they're planning on sending Enchantment up there. Give em a little more capacity up there and maybe a better return on that investment, and with the big plans they have for Miami, it'll clear some room for the shuffling to come down there.

I wonder if maybe they're planning on sending Enchantment up there. Give em a little more capacity up there and maybe a better return on that investment, and with the big plans they have for Miami, it'll clear some room for the shuffling to come down there.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least ...... You may recall, Enchantment was going out of Baltimore during the last Grandeur refurbishment back in '12.  

That wouldn't surprise me in the least ...... You may recall, Enchantment was going out of Baltimore during the last Grandeur refurbishment back in '12.  

I had the pleasure of sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment in late Nov 2011.  We drove from Michigan and it was a very enjoyable experience overall.  Definitely one of our top 3 cruises.

Guest toodle68

I wish they would sail out of a port near VA more often.. Adding a flight and transport to the cruise ports adds so much to the overall cost. If we lived withing driving distance of Orlando.. we would be on the Fri to Mon 3 day cruises monthly.

I wish they would sail out of a port near VA more often.. Adding a flight and transport to the cruise ports adds so much to the overall cost. If we lived withing driving distance of Orlando.. we would be on the Fri to Mon 3 day cruises monthly.

I feel the same about California.

I agree. I live in Richmond VA and it would be kind of nice to have a Radiance Class ship either in Norfolk or Baltimore.

It's a start. Maybe throw in that you've got a bum leg and a bad back, and live your life one doctors appointment to the next.

Oh! And you got a terminally ill kid whose only wish is to have his very own cruise ship...

And don't forget puppies and kittens ..... you always have to have puppies and kittens

I am sure there is someone on this board that could!...

But those ships are expensive!

I wonder if I could start my own go fund me page to support my cruise habit?!....hmmmmm

I once was in a discussion with the owner of Sixth Man.  They are the company that leases the ships for music cruises.  10 years ago, the cost was $250,000 per day to lease the Carnival Triumph.  That would make the cost to purchase way up there.