Alcoholic Beverages

Is it still possible to bring two bottles of wine with you when you board the ship.  We will be sailing on a 7 day cruise for our Anniversary and would like some wine to celebrate.  Also I would like to have a Alcoholic package for at least ONLY two days of the cruise, starting on the 3rd day.  Is any of this possible?

Thank You

4 hours ago, Brjames3 said:

Is it still possible to bring two bottles of wine with you when you board the ship. 

Yes

Also I would like to have a Alcoholic package for at least ONLY two days of the cruise, starting on the 3rd day.  Is any of this possible?

No. When you buy a drink package it’s for the rest of the cruise. You can’t cherry pick which days to have it

Is it still possible to bring two bottles of wine with you when you board the ship.  We will be sailing on a 7 day cruise for our Anniversary and would like some wine to celebrate.  Also I would like to have a Alcoholic package for at least ONLY two days of the cruise, starting on the 3rd day.  Is any of this possible?

Thank You

As Matt says, you can't "cherry pick your days.  However, "Once onboard, refunds will be credited to the guest's account. Any partially consumed portion of the package will be charged at full price".  

So, you can't say for example:  I just want the drink package on day 3, 5, and/or 6.  Once you cancel it, your done, you can't repurchase it again, because you can only purchase it on Day 1 if it wasn't pre-purchased before embarkation. 

That's my take/how I understand it from the FAQ linked below.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-package-cancellation-policy   

4 hours ago, Riley said:

It is also possible for you to bring two bottles and your wife to bring two bottles - just go through two separate security lines. 

I thought it was tied to your stateroom? If 2 people in the same stateroom bring wine won't that be flagged?  If not, go to!  More the merrier. 

On 4/7/2022 at 3:23 PM, DublinFC said:

I thought it was tied to your stateroom? If 2 people in the same stateroom bring wine won't that be flagged?  If not, go to!  More the merrier. 

There is no flagging.  They don't match the people going through security with what is on the x-ray conveyor belt. So conceivably as long as you look like you're not together they won't/don't know who's in what cabin.

And an FYI-Forgive me if this a taboo subject but on our last cruise there seemed to be a change in policy. We were able to buy bottles of booze in the ship's store (second day) and immediately take them back to our cabin. On another cruise we were allowed to bring bottles of booze back from our first port stop (3rd day of a 12 day cruise) and they weren't confiscated. In the past booze bought on board or in port was held until the last day.  We could have tapped into any or all of them in our cabin.  If that change in policy remains true it might alter the way we drink on board.

I haven't been into Cruise Critic in years but when I was a loyal customer of Brand X Cruise Lines, Cruise Critic was full of people that would post links to how to remove the tops off of water bottles, fill them with vodka or whatever clear alcohol you wanted, and replace the tops as if they were never off.  Many many other tips and tricks of how to smuggle alcohol on.  It disgusted me then and it disgusts me now.  Why don't we just discuss, in here, how to steal clothing from Walmart or food from Kroger or whatever.  Every sale not made, and every item not paid for creates a minor rise in the cost of cruising/purchasing, eventually.  It is the totally honest people that eventually pay.  

Back in the 90's the company I worked for chartered a ship and I was able to get invited.   

Back in the 90's you were able to bring on just about anything on a cruise.  We stopped and bought a bunch of beer and wine to sail with.  We plopped it on the x-ray conveyor belt and security gave us an odd look.  They scanned it and off we went with our heavy haul of liquids.  Then we found out the charter was open bar, all bars.  Doh! 

Someone mentioned the 10-drink package. We’ve purchased those cards in the past but never really knew if/when they would be offered. It felt like we just stumbled upon them at random bars. Does anyone have insight on when these cards usually are offered (i.e., is it usually only the last couple of days)? I’d love to keep an eye out. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Laura P. said:

Someone mentioned the 10-drink package. We’ve purchased those cards in the past but never really knew if/when they would be offered. It felt like we just stumbled upon them at random bars. Does anyone have insight on when these cards usually are offered (i.e., is it usually only the last couple of days)? I’d love to keep an eye out. Thanks!

They are rare and usually only offered on sailings towards the last few days....i.e day 4 or 5 in a 7n cruise. I recall they only offer them when bev sales are on the lower end.