Muster Drill ?!?! Check in Time?!?!

Hi

i didn`t found a Topic that answers my question directly in the way i need to know.

Muster Drill via app, ok that`s clear now... does every Passenger in a Cabin need to have the app to show at the Muster Station? For example, do my wife need the RC app by herself on her phone or is it enough if just one person has it?

Embarkation. What happens if, you are 10 Minutes to late on your chack in Time? Do you really need to get back in Line until each and every person has checked in?

I hope i didn`t wrote it to complicated.

Thanks for reading and maybe answering.

19 hours ago, BesaidCruiser said:

Hi

i didn`t found a Topic that answers my question directly in the way i need to know.

Muster Drill via app, ok that`s clear now... does every Passenger in a Cabin need to have the app to show at the Muster Station? For example, do my wife need the RC app by herself on her phone or is it enough if just one person has it?

Embarkation. What happens if, you are 10 Minutes to late on your chack in Time? Do you really need to get back in Line until each and every person has checked in?

I hope i didn`t wrote it to complicated.

Thanks for reading and maybe answering.

You can be 10 minutes late for check in with no issues.

I would recommend every person have the app, but it is not required.  I print a paper copy of our set sail passes that can be scanned and used as your sea pass card until you get the real thing at your room,

Muster is easy.  Just watch the video, listen to the horn sound and then show up to check in.  Its no big deal if anyone missed something, they will just go over it quickly with you.

13 minutes ago, jay1021 said:

image.thumb.png.a1b8842382cab72f8476ba13caa21018.png

All of this is new to me. 

If only one in the party has the app on their phone, can the rest of the party answer the health questions prior to boarding on that one app. 

BTW, I just checked, when I go into the app, the only "Set Sail Pass" that I can access is mine, not my wife's or the other couple's, who are linked.  

Edited by jay1021
Never mind, I figured it out, got to swipe left, not up or down

On 4/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, BesaidCruiser said:

This may vary from port to port, but I can tell you that at Port Canaveral few weeks ago, no one was enforcing the check in time in any way.  Late, early, no one would ever know, because no one was asking or checking.  YMMV.

Galveston and Seattle both had separate lines designated by check-in time. The Suite guests had the 11:00am check-in and the others started at 11:30. When the early time line was in the building they let the next one in after seeing that the inside line was down. Made it go quick and easy as they had also added multiple paperwork check stations inside so no winding single line.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MrHaga said:

Can muster drill be fully completed once onboard the ship? Even with early arrival time?

Yes.  You can watch the videos on your cabin TV or on a phone once on board and connected to ship wifi, then visit the muster station.  You can even visit your muster station and have them do a more conventional safety briefing if you don't have a phone.  You can do the whole process on the ship.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Yes.  You can watch the videos on your cabin TV or on a phone once on board and connected to ship wifi, then visit the muster station.  You can even visit your muster station and have them do a more conventional safety briefing if you don't have a phone.  You can do the whole process on the ship.  

But will their system recognize that the muster information has been viewed in the app prior to boarding? I already watched the videos for our upcoming Alaska cruise (and learned exactly what I expected to learn - absolutely nothing).

9 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

But will their system recognize that the muster information has been viewed in the app prior to boarding? I already watched the videos for our upcoming Alaska cruise (and learned exactly what I expected to learn - absolutely nothing).

I have done the video and sounding horn part of the e-muster in my hotel room the morning of each of the 6 cruises I've been on since the restart. My understanding is you can do it anywhere, as long as you're logged into Wi-Fi within 24 hours of your boarding time (YMMV). But I have not had to "re-do" any part of the e-muster once I've boarded, just find the muster station, have them scan my seapass card (phone or paper) and I'm done. 

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Please be advised that sometimes eMuster won't be open and ready when you board. I had one of the earliest times and they informed me that they wouldn't be starting until noon. 

We got on Liberty last month about 11:45 (11am checkin), went right to the muster station and about 10 minutes later the crew member came to scan us in.

On our March Wonder cruise we were onboard at 11:30 the e-muster stations were not open till 1pm. Sort of a nuisance as my wife has mobility issues so we always get the muster done as we board to avoid the multiple elevator rides. I know terrible problem 🙂

• 2 months later...

We did the muster video on the app while in the car about 10 miles from the port. I even turned off the radio to listen to it. Went to our station immediately after getting our seapasses. It was just the 2 of us there, the highly trained crew member scanned our cards and away we went. Easy peasey. I don't miss standing in a crowd of hot sweaty people at the muster station wearing my life vest like in the old days.

41 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

We did the muster video on the app while in the car about 10 miles from the port. I even turned off the radio to listen to it. Went to our station immediately after getting our seapasses. It was just the 2 of us there, the highly trained crew member scanned our cards and away we went. Easy peasey. I don't miss standing in a crowd of hot sweaty people at the muster station wearing my life vest like in the old days.

Guest do not have to wait until they get their sea pass cards, they can go straight to the muster station as soon as they step onboard.  You just need the app and they'll scan your sea pass right from the app (for those who get onboard before the rooms are open).