vaccination requirements for June 2022

Cworch

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

For my early May Quantum cruise to Alaska the option to upload vax cards has never been present in the app.  Even after a complete delete and reinstall it isn't there.

Then there is this, as of this morning:

image.thumb.jpeg.9a1b2c5937cdd6e381b47b6ac239134d.jpeg

"Anticipate" vaccination requirements.  

I'm guessing because Canada still can't figure out how they want to handle things.

I sure wish they would at least remove the vaccination requirement for children.  Given all the data regarding the current variants and the affect of Covid on young folks it seems unnecessary particularly with the requirement for testing.  I think it’s prudent to retain the testing requirements for all passengers along with the vaccine requirement for adults.

24 minutes ago, Loops said:

I sure wish they would at least remove the vaccination requirement for children.  Given all the data regarding the current variants and the affect of Covid on young folks it seems unnecessary particularly with the requirement for testing.  I think it’s prudent to retain the testing requirements for all passengers along with the vaccine requirement for adults.

They are operating under a 95% vaccinated passenger protocol through the CDC.  Although not required, following the CDC protocols protects them from liability and public relations issues should a Covid breakout occur on ship.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do that without requiring children to be vaccinated.

As of April 5th every RCL ship falls into this category as reported to the CDC. Hopefully this trend stop soon. I’m sailing may 7th on Symphony. Orange being the highest rating.

Company    Cruise Line    Ship Name    Current Voyage Type    Ship Color Status    Ship Vaccincation Status    CDC Actions for Ships Reporting COVID-19 Cases
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES, LTD    ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL    SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS    Passenger-Carrying    Orange    Highly Vaccinated    CDC has started an investigation and ship remains under observation.

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

Yep, as of today, the jab and testing is required.  It could change any day now.  Stay tuned!

I hope they drop it sooner than later.  We have sailings with Royal and NCL booked for next year.  Used FCCs to make both deposits, only out of pocket cost was  $75.  I am not putting any more money into either sailing until the vax requirements are dropped.  

I hope they keep it. I probably wouldn't have booked if the procedures weren't in place, and if they cancel by May when I sail I might seriously consider cancelling. I want to make sure there is a little chance of being infected as possible, especially since we are in tight quarters with people for an extended period of time.