Allure Technical Issue

Currently onboard Symphony and we missed our San Juan stop due to Allure being stuck in port due to a fouled bow thruster. Apparently a mooring line was sucked into the bow thrusters. Passengers on Allure are posting elsewhere that the captain said divers were out and the situation is worse than anticipated. 

Nice news for Symphony passengers, we got refundable onboard credit for missing the stop.

19 hours ago, mattscchs said:

Nice news for Symphony passengers, we got refundable onboard credit for missing the stop.

awfull generous of royal pre-covid the few stops we missed for any reason the most you could hope for was a little token OBC maybe.

We missed our port of call last week at Costa Maya due to weather and all we got was another Sea Day (not a complaint just a report)

22 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

awfull generous of royal pre-covid the few stops we missed for any reason the most you could hope for was a little token OBC maybe.

We missed our port of call last week at Costa Maya due to weather and all we got was another Sea Day (not a complaint just a report)

Difference being that this missed port was 100% due to the fault of the cruise line, no choice but to own up to that.

Glad they got the situation under control.  

However, I, for one, can't think of a reason I'd be unhappy being stranded at a pier, in a port, in a Caribbean Island with nothing but Adult Beverage and Food to pass the time with.  Call me crazy but that doesn't sound too bad to me.

Back when a Brand X ship was drifting around in the Golf of Mexico for a week or two, my wife and I wished we were on that one.  Yes, I know that it wasn't very comfy, and sandwiches were the meal of the day and so  on.  But, we both feel that any day at sea is better than one on land.  But, we are empty nesters and retired.  What else are we going to do?  Sit around the house and look out the windows at the street and/or backyard OR sit on a balcony and watch the ocean and wildlife go by.  Hummmmm, let me think.............  Yep, the ship!

3 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

I was on Allure last week and we could not dock in Costa Maya due to weather. We got back $11.25 port fee refund. It was automatically refunded to our statement. 

32 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

I was on Allure last week and we could not dock in Costa Maya due to weather. We got back $11.25 port fee refund. It was automatically refunded to our statement. 

Yes that makes sense, you were beside us at Cozumel as our Captain commented the ship was coming to Galveston in November, but just pulled up the email copy of my final bill from last week and no refund on it, will have to watch the cc for a refund

9 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Yes that makes sense, you were beside us at Cozumel as our Captain commented the ship was coming to Galveston in November, but just pulled up the email copy of my final bill from last week and no refund on it, will have to watch the cc for a refund

You must have been on Liberty. We were definitely rocking in Costa Maya. Odd your final statement didn’t have it on there. 

8 minutes ago, Cruiser79 said:

I was on the Allure, we were supposed to depart San Juan at 430, divers were working on the issue all day, thet had to cut the cable that was stuck in the thrusters piece by piece, so it took forever. We didn't leave San Juan until 11pm!

at least it was same day but did it have an impact on the next day's schedule?