No Crown Royal on Royals Ships

We are on the Odyssey of the Seas and can’t find a Crown and Coke anyplace.  Beverage Manager told us Crown Royal and Royal Caribbean has a disagreement over the cost and have stopped purchasing Crown Royal for all it’s ships.   It’s still for sale in bottles in the ships stores…Just can’t get a drink onboard

I don't doubt that Crown Royal is unavailable at the ships bars, but I don't know if I'm ready to accept it's because of a disagreement or conspiracy between Crown Royal and Royal Caribbean.

It was just on the news last night, and other current articles, there is a shortage of distilled spirits, including Crown Royal and a few others offered by the creator and/or owner of Crown Royal.  The article suggested there are many missing items in liquor stores.  Just maybe, there's no behind the scenes issue, but there could be the same trickle down problems with Royal Caribbean and the shortage of spirits across the board.🥴

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Friends of ours were on Allure a couple weeks ago and experienced the same thing.  They might want to update the DBP description as it states that Crown Royal is still included.

Interesting. I dont drink the stuff myself, I much prefer Pussers Rum. However, there was a goodly supply of CR in the Schooner Bar and pool bar when we were on Allure 3/13 - 3/19. 

Murphys law always states that someone who doesnt drink it, will spot it.

2 hours ago, WAYNO said:

I don't doubt that Crown Royal is unavailable at the ships bars, but I don't know if I'm ready to accept it's because of a disagreement or conspiracy between Crown Royal and Royal Caribbean.

The Beverage Manager told us that personally after this mourning at the top tier event.  

On 4/5/2022 at 1:09 PM, Psycho and Barb said:

The Beverage Manager told us that personally after this mourning at the top tier event.  

I'm not doubting he/she told you that.  I do question the accuracy and/or completeness of the information, however.

At the same time Royal Caribbean is lacking in Crown Royal, Crown Royal has announced that they have been unable to fill orders elsewhere also, citing a lack of product, a strike, and covid issues.

I have received some conflicting information from different managers regarding other subjects, too.🧐

I first heard of a Crown Royal supply issue on Wonder.  The beverage manager claimed they ordered it but Crown Royal refused to fulfil the order.  

Could it be a pricing conflict?  Sure.  Could it be a volume issue related to supply chain logistics?  Sure.  Could it be something else?  Yep.  

The retail stores on board can't be tapped to be used to supply the bars on the ships.  There are different importing and duty laws applied to products for retail sales and products for consumption on board.  I know it's easy just to see a ship as one thing with some bottles in the retail stores for sale but there are very different duty and customs rules that apply to ship inventory vs. the retail stores on board.

9 minutes ago, Bean79 said:

This may be my fault. I was on a cruise in Feb on the Mariner. I was drinking the Royal Margarita till they ran out of Patron, then Switched to Crown, so maybe their inventory hasn't caught back up yet!!! Deluxe Beverage package woohoo!!!!😉

You must be a member of the Olympic Adult Beverage Drinking Team!

Diageo, the company which owns Crown Royal (and other brands) is running short of supply. It has to do with us all buying more direct from liquor stores and drinking at home when bars were closed, LoL 🙂

Don Julio, Crown Royal Maker Is Running Low on Booze That Takes Years to Make

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2255367/don-julio-crown-royal-maker-is-running-low-on-booze-that-takes-years-to-make

Just off the Odyssey last Sunday and we were shocked there was no crown. Our 8th Royal cruise since startup and it’s been flowing like water. All we drink. Rough week! CC and Diet…ok, but not the same. We always check the drink package list before boarding. Was there. Hate it when things are not as advertised but it is what it is. Loyal to Royal and a Crown Royal! ❌🥃🥴

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Floski said:It's not just Crown Royal, unfortunately.

On our April cruise on Harmony, they were missing a lot

We will be there on the Radiance of the Seas in 11 days.   Sure hope they have Crown Royal…Sailing out of Canada but who knows.   We will let everyone know. 

On my May 13th cruise on the Ovation, first bar issue - No olives.  Then NO Bloody Mary mix (which really confused me as tomato juice could have been used and spiced up a bit to make a decent Bloody Mary mix, if I was a member of management, I'd do that rather than say the ship was out, Bloody Mary's are kinda important in the morning after a hard night out 😟.  Then, no Kraken (and I just discovered it thanks to some folks in here).  BUT, by the end of the cruise, they must have stocked up in Juneau or Sitka.  So, all was good, eventually.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Suite Snob said:

On my May 13th cruise on the Ovation, first bar issue - No olives.  Then NO Bloody Mary mix (which really confused me as tomato juice could have been used and spiced up a bit to make a decent Bloody Mary mix, if I was a member of management, I'd do that rather than say the ship was out, Bloody Mary's are kinda important in the morning after a hard night out 😟.  Then, no Kraken (and I just discovered it thanks to some folks in here).  BUT, by the end of the cruise, they must have stocked up in Juneau or Sitka.  So, all was good, eventually.  

On our June 10 sailing, they only had minor issues with certain cheaper brands of champagne and red wines.  Crown, Kraken, what have you...I had them all!  Drank way more than I did even in my college years LOL!

1 hour ago, Frank Stracke said:

We just booked a cruise sailing April 2023 and I checked the list of included items for the drink package and Crown Royal is not on there. That's all I drink so it might change my mind about buying the package unless it gets back on that list. 

My advice to you is to join a few Facebook groups for sailing prior to yours and ask the people there.  This helped us tremendously in preparing for our cruise.  There were reports of all sorts of shortages and we were prepared, but when we got on the ship, we were EXCITED to see that all of the supply and staff issues were fixed by then!

2 hours ago, Frank Stracke said:

We just booked a cruise sailing April 2023 and I checked the list of included items for the drink package and Crown Royal is not on there. That's all I drink so it might change my mind about buying the package unless it gets back on that list. 

That list is an example of what's available on the ship but you are not limited to what is listed.  Not every ship and not even every bar on the same ship has the exact same selection.  If the bar you are at has what you want, you can get it with the drink package (though certain expensive brands may have an upcharge).  There is no guarantee a specific brand will be available especially during these times with supply chain issues.  Crown is normally stocked but there is no way to know if your cruise will have it.  If that makes the difference between getting the package and not, then I guess I'd advise waiting and buying by the drink.

For the first time ever, I purchased a bottle of Kraken Rum, yesterday, at my local ABC store.  Can't wait for tomorrow when I have my daughter and family over for ribs and lots of adult beverage.  Thanks to whom ever mentioned Kraken Rum in this forum.  Couldn't find any Ginger Beer, so I got some Dr. Pepper Cream Soda.  ??? Who knows, it may be good and I like Cream soda.

3 hours ago, Suite Snob said:

For the first time ever, I purchased a bottle of Kraken Rum, yesterday, at my local ABC store.  Can't wait for tomorrow when I have my daughter and family over for ribs and lots of adult beverage.  Thanks to whom ever mentioned Kraken Rum in this forum.  Couldn't find any Ginger Beer, so I got some Dr. Pepper Cream Soda.  ??? Who knows, it may be good and I like Cream soda.

I mean rum and cream soda may not be so bad