Construction update for CocoCay adults only area

On 4/11/2022 at 10:15 AM, Lexster said:

Oh! Cool, the reviews I've seen never mentioned it. 

We were there last week and had a South Beach cabana which was awesome.  I never saw the volleyball court available the entire day!  There was always a group playing and more waiting to play!  Perhaps they could make a few more?

I've been keeping an eye on this area for several months.  At each visit it seemed like all they doing was were pushing sand around.

That's what it looks like from afar but I imagine there is infrastructure being laid underground.  Plumbing, electrical, communications, etc.  

I'm looking forward to the above ground construction to begin.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I've been keeping an eye on this area for several months.  At each visit it seemed like all they doing was were pushing sand around.

That's what it looks like from afar but I imagine there is infrastructure being laid underground.  Plumbing, electrical, communications, etc.  

I'm looking forward to the above ground construction to begin.

I’ve been told they started construction in March. You were right up until then it was just sand moving 

11 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve been told they started construction in March. You were right up until then it was just sand moving 

It's amazing how much of large-scale construction is just moving dirt/sand around. They are putting in a new road near my house and for five months, all they were doing was moving dirt and flattening things.

20 minutes ago, Lexster said:

It's amazing how much of large-scale construction is just moving dirt/sand around. They are putting in a new road near my house and for five months, all they were doing was moving dirt and flattening things.

I do this for a living, and yes a lot of material gets moved. All roads need to put fill in 1 foot lifts and need to be compacted to 95% or more before next lift can go on. Also many underground utilities go in under a road like water, sewer, drainage and power, so a lot of digging and putting back. after all is in, then gravels go down, then finally pavement. It's a long process.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

On top of what @Templecruiser said, they also had to move the waste management facility.

The sewage treatment plant was located basically where Hideaway Beach is going to go. So they had to move that to the other end of the island first before any construction could commence.

Yeah, I think I'm fine with that decision 😄

On 4/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, Matt said:

We will be visiting CocoCay twice on our upcoming B2B. As a former travel agent, I spent a great deal of time informing clients that there was some kind of construction going on at one property or another. In your opinion, is the addition of this new area posing any noise issues or interfering with the peaceful enjoyment of the island?

20 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

We will be visiting CocoCay twice on our upcoming B2B. As a former travel agent, I spent a great deal of time informing clients that there was some kind of construction going on at one property or another. In your opinion, is the addition of this new area posing any noise issues or interfering with the peaceful enjoyment of the island?

I heard nothing at all earlier this month and I was probably pretty close to the area since I spent the entire day at South Beach.

7 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I heard nothing at all earlier this month and I was probably pretty close to the area since I spent the entire day at South Beach.

I haven't heard anything either from anyone on these boards, however, I wouldn't be 'worth my salt' as a travel professional(former or otherwise) if I didn't at least ask the question. Nobody wants to hear the unmistakable drone of power tools while trying to get their drink-on!! 😦😧😮

10 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

How did you like South Beach? Was it peaceful? Like less crowded than the other areas?

1 hour ago, Ja-sun said:

How did you like South Beach? Was it peaceful? Like less crowded than the other areas?

Yes it was awesome.  There were 7 of us and we decided to get a cabana (price $699).  We ended up with number 55 which is the first one in the row of 10...we were closest to the bathroom facilities and floating bar.  Very peaceful and much less crowded...even after Wonder of the Seas docked and their passengers came onto the island!  South Beach really stayed quiet and serene.  In November we had purchased CocoaBeach Club day passes and I must say I enjoyed South Beach much more!

21 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Yes it was awesome.  There were 7 of us and we decided to get a cabana (price $699).  We ended up with number 55 which is the first one in the row of 10...we were closest to the bathroom facilities and floating bar.  Very peaceful and much less crowded...even after Wonder of the Seas docked and their passengers came onto the island!  South Beach really stayed quiet and serene.  In November we had purchased CocoaBeach Club day passes and I must say I enjoyed South Beach much more!

I rented a day bed at south beach so hopefully it will be worth it. Plus the sun wears me out so that day bed will come in handy.

13 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

In your opinion, is the addition of this new area posing any noise issues or interfering with the peaceful enjoyment of the island?

No impact at all to guest experience. Construction is in a backstage area, and it's directly behind the water park where everyone is loud to begin with.

Maybe that changes when they start doing welding or something, but thus far you'd have to know there was construction occurring to even look for any noise.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a thought today.  What are they chances they would start allowing Celebrity ships to dock at CoCo Cay? I know the place is already packed, but with the expansion of Hideaway Beach, there might be some wiggle room.  Also, Celebrity caters more towards adults so that area seems like a good fit.  If this has been addressed before, let me know.

I think that the Celebrity itineraries are somewhat lame without a private island to go to and they have to settle for Nassau.

16 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I had a thought today.  What are they chances they would start allowing Celebrity ships to dock at CoCo Cay? I know the place is already packed, but with the expansion of Hideaway Beach, there might be some wiggle room.  Also, Celebrity caters more towards adults so that area seems like a good fit.  If this has been addressed before, let me know.

I think that the Celebrity itineraries are somewhat lame without a private island to go to and they have to settle for Nassau.

Did Celebrity stop at Coco Cay at one point?  They have a full page dedicated to it on their site

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/cococay