Scandinavia Cruise- Advice Needed

I’m back for more help. We’re cruising out of Denmark next month and this will be our first cruise out of somewhere other than the US. Also this will be our first international flight. So my question is, What are some things that are different about international flights and cruising out of another country that you wish you knew on your first time?  

International flights: noise cancel headphones are your friends

cruising out of Europe from the US: if you can swing it, two days early is so much better than one, so you are over jet lag by the time you embark. Getting over jet lag - get outside and walk! Nothing resets your internal clock like sunshine. And make yourself stay awake til after dinner. 

Denmark: Copenhagen was so lovely. Rick Steves has a cruise guidebook that includes going out of Denmark and it includes some great restaurants and good sight seeing/self guided walking tour suggestions 

Make sure yo arrive at least the day before your cruise.  On international flight I would arrive 2 days before just incase of any delays.

Try to fit all that you re taking in a carry on and one suitcase.  It is hard traveling around Europe with lots of luggage.

Check through your credit cards and see if you have one that doesn't charge a fee for charges made outside the U.S..    Then if you want local currency do the same with your debit/bank card for atm withdrawals.  Most European bank atm's don't charge any fees so this is an easy way to get money with no exchange fees.