CBD/CBG OIL. What constitutes Full vaccination.

15 hours ago, marwest98 said:

I take CBD/CBG balance pills for my narrow angle glaucoma.  It works well.  Can I take it on my cruise?

Our friend @monorailmedic wrote an article on this that sums it up: https://www.cruisehabit.com/high-high-seas-can-you-bring-pot-cruise-ship

15 hours ago, marwest98 said:

When Royal Caribbean says you have to be fully vaccinated, does that mean you need the boosters too?

Not as of this time. Just the initial 2 shots for mRNA vaccine or 1 shot for J&J. That could change, but no indication yet it will.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Our friend @monorailmedic wrote an article on this that sums it up: https://www.cruisehabit.com/high-high-seas-can-you-bring-pot-cruise-ship

Not as of this time. Just the initial 2 shots for mRNA vaccine or 1 shot for J&J. That could change, but no indication yet it will.

I'm glad the article mentions that Marijuana/THC (the illegal substance in Marijuana) is federally illegal.  Now, will the Federal Government ever prosecute personal use amounts of Marijuana?  I doubt it.  But, it can be in your record that you were arrested (note:  not prosecuted) for introducing an illegal drug into the United States or transportation........ 

As to your question regarding vaccinations/boosters: My husband and I are sailing out of Copenhagen at the end of May.  When I am on the RC app and looking at the Healthy Cruising section for our cruise, it states "Guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received the booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago."  I know it's confusing because the RC homepage/Healthy Sale section does state that boosters are not required at this time, but I think you need to look at the app for your particular cruise and see what it says.  Of course if your vaccine was less than 9 months ago you are fine.  You also need to check with the country you are visiting to see what their requirements are.  

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, loredanamaiden said:

If you take CBD in the form of capsule tablets or liquid, then this should not create difficulties for you.

As posted above, this is not accurate.  

It is specifically listed in Royal Caribbeans policies as being prohibited.

There are also ports where it is illegal and could result in legal problems.  Passengers are subject to the laws of the country where they are docked, even if they don't get off the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Drug dogs.

I doubt cruise ship drug dogs are trained to detect cbd. The feds don't even train their dogs for that.

Here's what I would do. Take some on your person. I don't ever recall being sniffed by a dog while boarding. Since its not illegal the worse they could do is confiscate it. 

I'd also pack some in my carry on along with my other meds. Again, confiscation is the worse that could happen if they happen to sniff it. 

Also, some in checked luggage. I don't think they sniff checked luggage,  only xray it.

15 hours ago, mac66 said:
25 minutes ago, mac66 said:

I doubt cruise ship drug dogs are trained to detect cbd. The feds don't even train their dogs for that.

While I support your right to do what you want, I don't think it's a great idea to encourage others to violate the laws of other countries and Royal Caribbean's rules.

17 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

While I support your right to do what you want, I don't think it's a great idea to encourage others to violate the laws of other countries and Royal Caribbean's rules.

I don't think the OP would take it ashore in a foreign country. It would stay on the ship.

Rules are  sometimes arbitrary and it's difficult to exist in this world without breaking a rule or two every day either on purpose or accidently. Ever go over the speed limit, who doesn't?

Not to mention cruise lines don't always follow their own rules.

And just to be clear, I don't use it or any cannabis products. 

51 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Ever go over the speed limit, who doesn't?

I have been known to speed, but I know exactly what the legal consequences are. 

Do you know how Royal would handle the situation if they were to find out you had CBD onboard?

Whether you leave the ship or not, you are subject to the laws of the nation whose port you are docked. Do you know what would happen if they became aware it was onboard.

If Royal were to be aware, you would be putting them in a difficult position with the customs agents that must clear the ship upon docking. 

I actually don't know what would happen. Since I'm in a foreign country,  and on a ship where the owner has the right to kick me off in a foreign port, I will follow the rules a little more closely than I do in the USA.

17 hours ago, mac66 said:

How would anyone know whats in your pills unless you tell them. I take meds, they have never,  ever been looked at.

15 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Drug dogs.

Exactly, we take daily pill organizers, each compartment filled with the day’s pills. No one knows what is in there and no one cares. 

Drig dogs will not detect CBD pills. 

Take your pills along and don’t lose any sleep. 

I won't say to do it. BUT 

I have flown multiple times with gummy edibles or a thc vape pen to states where it is illegal (I live in NY -where it is legal & I fly to Florida two or three times a year - I do not have medical card but I do have a lot of anxiety especially while traveling that it helps with - let me tell you 10 days with my in laws was anxiety) I personally have never had a problem, no drug dogs sniffing me out etc. But I also know the risk I take doing this and I prepared for my consequences if it is flagged. 

I have read that even if it is legal in your home state or embarkment state that CBD is illegal in other states & other countries that cruise ships travel to 

So I would say it is at your own risk if you are willing to put it in your bag and go through security but be prepared for if it gets thrown out. 

*Also note I was not planning on doing this on the cruise*

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that they don't allow CBD oil, even the type that has ZERO thc in it.... yet I just got off of Liberty, and each and every day I smelled marijuana, in the hallways of the decks, on the pool decks.. passengers are sneaking it onboard.  I'm not sure if the stuff that goes in vape pens has the marijuana smell or if its just old fashioned grass, but passengers are using it on board, as well as at port side.

Cruise ships tend to follow federal laws and the laws of the countries they visit.  It's tempting to be flippant about Royal policy which isn't an issue until it is.  In the case of international maritime law the captain of the vessel can be held responsible if a foreign country finds illegal drugs on board.  That's why the policy mimics laws from other countries.  The worst case of violating Royal's policy if they discover it would be a lifetime ban.  Others are correct that they don't make a habit of inspecting guest medications unless there is a medical event in a cabin then they can go through your medications.  It's not a problem until it is.

Some countries like Bermuda have been known to send drug dogs on board cruise ships and to inspect passenger cabins.  That's well within their rights to do when docked in Bermuda.  It's not a problem until it is.

I may have driven a car in my younger days after consuming more alcohol than I should have to drive.  Nothing happened.  No one was killed.  No accidents.  That doesn't justify my actions nor does it make it safe to tell others it's okay to break the law and do what I did.

Breaking the law is a personal choice that's best made when you understand the ramifications and you are willing to do the time if caught.  It's up to you to weigh the risk and make a choice.  

I think you may have problems keeping CBD while on a cruise. It is important to check the law of the countries you’re going to visit and be sure it is legal here. Or you could take it on our territory and then throw it away. I also can’t imagine my life without the CBD oils and gummies I take. They help me to deal with my anxiety and release stress after work. Every time I get home after work, I feel empty and frustrated because I’m an introvert who deals with many people and their crazy tempers. Cbd oil helps me to relax and cheers me up, and it is proven to improve health. Read more about it here

• 2 months later...

I have shipped Diamond CBD products directly to customers across America through the USPS since 2015 directly out of the Miami /Ft Lauderdale Airport. Each package holds a disclaimer and copy of the 2018 Farm Bill which makes possessing and using and transporting CBD in all 50 States. The FAA and USPS are both Federal Agencies. The statement that the Federal Government does not recognize CBD Products as Legal is completely false. Article One of the Constitution and the Mercantile Act prevent any action being taken against a citizen for possessing any product legally purchased with legal tender within the USA. I’m highly confused by everything I’ve read in this concerning this matter.

Adding to a recent comment, I would like to add: Doors are locked to keep honest people out. Criminals never pay attention to locks or rules. A bottle of Flintstone gummies? Essence oils? Vape pens?

How many honest Veterans, Cancer sufferers, PTSD sufferers, and other people using Cannibas base products to improve their lives don’t spend money on your cruise line?

I as a traveler will follow your rules, but I hate to see people cutting off their noses to spite their faces🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

"Prohibited items:

• CBD Oil / CBD Products"

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

It's honestly quite simple. It doesn't matter if CBD is legal in the US when the ship is traveling to countries where it is not. And since most people won't cross-reference international law before bringing products aboard, it's easier to issue a blanket ban than attempt to enforce regulations depending on ports of call.

18 hours ago, snoop_e_k said:

I have shipped Diamond CBD products directly to customers across America through the USPS since 2015 directly out of the Miami /Ft Lauderdale Airport. Each package holds a disclaimer and copy of the 2018 Farm Bill which makes possessing and using and transporting CBD in all 50 States. The FAA and USPS are both Federal Agencies. The statement that the Federal Government does not recognize CBD Products as Legal is completely false. Article One of the Constitution and the Mercantile Act prevent any action being taken against a citizen for possessing any product legally purchased with legal tender within the USA. I’m highly confused by everything I’ve read in this concerning this matter.

The laws of the US are completely irrelevant to the current discussion. 

It always kills me that people reference American laws when boarding a ship that is going to a foreign country.   

It's not just US laws that you have to obey.   Besides, if you really look at it - I live in Canada.   Marijuana is legal here.   There are many US states that have decriminalized and legalized pot, but if you think for one minute I would travel with MJ in my luggage or on your person you would be incorrect.   This would include CBD.   Flying domestically is a completely different ball of wax...  you can fly with these products domestically in Canada, and probably in the US without anyone really batting an eye.   But travelling with these oils, tinctures, etc is probably coming, but we are not there yet - and wouldn't it suck to have your vacation ruined because of choosing to ignore a rule.  On a cruise you are travelling internationally - I think people forget this key point.

Having said that - I definitely smelled weed when I was on my balcony on Mariner in December... so people are definitely bringing it on board.

For the OP - I would connect with my doctor and see about a week-long temporary substitution for while you're on the cruise... if there's an option to avoid the risk you should be aware of it.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SeaSomm said:

CBD and THC are two separate substances. CBD has no psychoactive properties. I can't imagine that bringing it on board would be an issue.

Except that RC clearly states "CBD Oil / CBD Products" are prohibited.
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy