Joining a cruise late

Anyone have any advice joining a cruise at a port of call because they missed the ship at the original port? (Currently waiting in San Juan for symphony to port here). 

Other than retaking all of our Covid tests, the people at Royal just told us to show up at the port.  My son is 3 years old and will need a Covid test day of embarkation as well I guess. 

If you join late, do you reimbursed on anything? (We opted not to get travel insurance since we had cruise with confidence and we booked flights through royal).  This experience will probably make us starting getting it.🥴

1 hour ago, HillaryG said:

Anyone have any advice joining a cruise at a port of call because they missed the ship at the original port? (Currently waiting in San Juan for symphony to port here). 

Other than retaking all of our Covid tests, the people at Royal just told us to show up at the port.  My son is 3 years old and will need a Covid test day of embarkation as well I guess. 

If you join late, do you reimbursed on anything? (We opted not to get travel insurance since we had cruise with confidence and we booked flights through royal).  This experience will probably make us starting getting it.🥴

If you booked flights through Royal I would expect at least some compensation, but I wouldn't guarantee anything. Would love an update once y'all find out more.

We didn’t have to pay anything extra for the flight to San Juan and they did rebook our flight for us and they put us up in a hotel. And told us there is only one port in San Juan. 

I also emailed the concierge to change our show reservations and specialty dinning and to try and cancel our excursions since the app isn’t letting me do it. 

I’ll try and see if I can find the number for the local port agent.  

2 hours ago, HillaryG said:

And told us there is only one port in San Juan. 

There are actually TWO ports in San Juan. Symphony is going to be docking at Old San Juan.  There's another port there for ships that actually embark in San Juan. You definitely need to make sure you talk to someone who knows to expect you or you won't even be able to get into the port.

So much for boarding late. Symphony never made it into port. Allure ran into mechanical problems blocking the dock.  They can’t get us to the next port, so they put us up in a different hotel and our flight home is not till the day after our cruise was scheduled to end.  It could be worse I guess, just nothing we had been planning for months. 😕

7 hours ago, SaddenedAlmostDiamondPlusM said:

What is “down lining?” Just meeting ship at different port? 

Here is Celebrity's defintion:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/au/terms-and-conditions#:~:text=Definitions%3A,the scheduled embarkation%2Fdisembarkation port.

Definitions:
Downlining’ – request from guest to embark or disembark at a port of call other than the scheduled embarkation/disembarkation port.

14 hours ago, HillaryG said:

So much for boarding late. Symphony never made it into port. Allure ran into mechanical problems blocking the dock.  They can’t get us to the next port, so they put us up in a different hotel and our flight home is not till the day after our cruise was scheduled to end.  It could be worse I guess, just nothing we had been planning for months. 😕

I'm so sorry T_T I hope you can find something to do to make use of the time you planned for the cruise

14 hours ago, HillaryG said:

Can they transfer you to another cruise that stops in San Juan? For example Allure?