DBP on a 14 day cruise

We are looking at booking a 14 day to Greenland on Jewel in the future.  I have a couple of questions about the DBP that some of you might be able to help with.

Pre-covid we paid $41.99 on Anthem and that included tax/grats, etc.  the total cost was $41.99 X the number of days.  Fast forward to our upcoming cruise to Alaska, the cheapest I've seen was $51.99 + tax/grats added at checkout (I know why they are doing it that way now so that the advertised price doesn't seem so bad).  I'm thinking that now post covid that $51- 55.99 + fees is probably going to be the new normal.  Anyway, my question:  do they offer discounts on long sailings like a 14 day or is it usually the prevailing rate for 7 day cruises? 

Thanks!

There is no discount for longer cruises.  I would think that Royal would realize that people get alcohol fatigue after so many days….but it turns out that our upcoming British Isles cruise on Jewel (12 nights) is the highest priced DBP I have for any non-holiday 2022 cruises.  In 2023 they all jump way up, but for this year, that 12-nighter is the highest one I have, save my Oasis Christmas cruise (for which I have NOT purchased the DBP).  So….I would not expect the price to come down just b/c it is a longer cruise.  Go figure…

On 4/3/2022 at 6:35 PM, Blulady said:

Thanks for your input - I was thinking that was probably the case. I really can't see spending nearly $2,000 just for alcohol.  I guess it is something to consider!

We are on the Jewel (July) - British Isles for 12 nights and we couldn't justify to cost for the UBP.  We purchased the Refreshment Pkg and we will just order when we want one.  We aren't big drinkers anyway so probably 1 maybe 2 daily at the most and we will be taking 2 bottles of wine with us.  We are very port intensive so getting our monies worth would be hard anyway.  Excursions is where our drink package money went!