Pre-Departure testing from Barcelona

I am currently booked on the Voyager OTS  due out of Barcelona on the 15th of April. The current guidelines for testing don't specify whether the antigen test requires to be supervised.

Will an unsupervised antigen test be accepted at port as a proof of negative test? If not, does anybody have tips on where to book a test close to the departure port?

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 7.47.11 pm.png

When are you travelling to Barcelona? If the day before your cruise or on the same day, you could perhaps get the test done in your home country before you leave or at your departure airport.

If you are travelling farther in advance, you could contact your accommodation in Barcelona and ask them if they can suggest somewhere. 

5 hours ago, europecruiser said:

Will an unsupervised antigen test be accepted at port as a proof of negative test? If not, does anybody have tips on where to book a test close to the departure port?

The simple answer is no. You must have a supervised antigen test. I would recommend against taking a PCR (NAAT or, molecular test).

The process to go about obtaining the required supervised antigen test depends on where you are originating from and which countries you are traveling though in Europe in your travels to sail from Barcelona. If you'll provide your travel itinerary, I can help. I've sailed on Celebrity Apex from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale recently.

16 hours ago, europecruiser said:

I am currently booked on the Voyager OTS  due out of Barcelona on the 15th of April. The current guidelines for testing don't specify whether the antigen test requires to be supervised.

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 7.47.11 pm.png

We were told by our travel agent that our hotel would know where to go nearby for accepted Covid tests.  As others have posted, Barcelona has multiple testing sites.

12 hours ago, JeffB said:

The simple answer is no. You must have a supervised antigen test. I would recommend against taking a PCR (NAAT or, molecular test).

The process to go about obtaining the required supervised antigen test depends on where you are originating from and which countries you are traveling though in Europe in your travels to sail from Barcelona. If you'll provide your travel itinerary, I can help. I've sailed on Celebrity Apex from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale recently.

I leave the UK on the 13th which is outside of the advice of having the test done the day before. I will be in Barcelona from 7pm on the 13th through to the start of the cruise on the 15th. 

Please, I need clarification on this matter. I'm due back to the US on June 20th, with only a few hours in Amsterdam before my flight home. Does Royal Caribbean assist with COVID tests on board? Do I have to bring proctored test kits and do them the night before we disembark? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

40 minutes ago, VSacc said:

Please, I need clarification on this matter. I'm due back to the US on June 20th, with only a few hours in Amsterdam before my flight home. Does Royal Caribbean assist with COVID tests on board? Do I have to bring proctored test kits and do them the night before we disembark? Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

You will need to bring a proctored test with you and do the day before or at the airport before flying home.  Hopefully, the testing to come back to US will be lifted soon and you won't have to worry about it.  We will be flying home from Amsterdam in August after our cruise so I am keeping my fingers crossed that we won't be required to test coming home.