Grilled Cheese

Btcruiser

Cruising on Allure the end April and my son just asked if they would have grilled cheese. In all my years of cruising I’ve never seen it but I also wasn’t looking. So does anyone know where we might be able to get one? I’m sure the main dining room would probably do it if we asked but wasn’t sure if there was a specific place that does it. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Btcruiser said:

Cruising on Allure the end April and my son just asked if they would have grilled cheese. In all my years of cruising I’ve never seen it but I also wasn’t looking. So does anyone know where we might be able to get one? I’m sure the main dining room would probably do it if we asked but wasn’t sure if there was a specific place that does it. Thanks. 

There was grilled cheese on the room service menu last week on Enchantment, so I’m confident you can at the minimum find grilled cheese there! I want to say I saw them in the Windjammer one lunchtime as well. 

7 hours ago, KristiZ said:

There was grilled cheese on the room service menu last week on Enchantment, so I’m confident you can at the minimum find grilled cheese there! I want to say I saw them in the Windjammer one lunchtime as well. 

My wife ordered this from room service and it was not good.

so...yeah...the ships have it...but uh...it's kind of lackluster. I've only gotten it via the room service (which comes from the MDR kitchen I think) and it wasn't quite buttery enough or cheesy enough.

I'd imagine Johnny Rockets would be better but be aware there is an additional cost to eat there as it is a specialty dining restaurant (that said, it's not a painful price being about $6 - $7 / person unlimited)

They have grilled cheese panini's at Park Cafe and Windjammer.  Grilled cheese at Johnny Rockets.   Plus at some specialty restaurants there is grilled cheese listed on kids menus.  Also you can order them from room service.  One of my favorite!

So… funny story about the MDR grilled cheese… that as a previous poster stated was toast with a cheese slice between…. My daughter (at the time 6 years old) said mommy, this isn’t cooked….so the next night DH suggests we ask for it “well done” figuring this will totally solve the problem…. We could not stop laughing when her plate arrived… two burnt slices of bread… with a slice of cheese placed between them… DD not amused but we still laugh about it 🤣

9 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

So… funny story about the MDR grilled cheese… that as a previous poster stated was toast with a cheese slice between…. My daughter (at the time 6 years old) said mommy, this isn’t cooked….so the next night DH suggests we ask for it “well done” figuring this will totally solve the problem…. We could not stop laughing when her plate arrived… two burnt slices of bread… with a slice of cheese placed between them… DD not amused but we still laugh about it 🤣

Some of the "cooks" don't get cultural nuisance of some of the simple foods.  When we were on Allure, I would ask for salsa with certain dishes and get pico de gallo (even in Sabor or CK).  Just rolled with it.