Proctored Test from Optum Store

30 minutes ago, Rfloyd7522 said:

Can anyone tell me the experation date of test they ordered from Optum?

It's on the box.  I think the ones we got last month are good until August 2022.  I've also read that Royal or some official party has extended the expiration date on some/all.  But, I'm not sure about that.

https://ldh.la.gov/assets/oph/Center-CP/HANs/HANS21-48-ExtensionBinaxNOW.pdf

Expiration Dates of Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Tests EXTENDED to 12 months Abbott has extended the shelf life on select BinaxNOW lots to 12 months (originally marked with 6-month expiration date). Please see the following link to determine if you currently have affected lots and the new 12-month expiration date. https://content.veeabb.com/1d09429b-8373-419f-8f1a-d28f9586863a/678e2269-44b7- 4c6d-8fa9-0a55a40f30f7/678e2269-44b7-4c6d-8fa9-0a55a40f30f7_source__v.pdf The expiration dates of the lot numbers listed in the referenced link have been extended to 12 months. Facilities should keep a copy of the referenced document for any future CLIA inspections. BinaxNow is still available at no charge to the end user. Our current lots expire in November 2021. If you would like to request BinaxNow, please e-mail Dr. Runa Bakshi at [email protected].

https://content.veeabb.com/1d09429b-8373-419f-8f1a-d28f9586863a/678e2269-44b7-4c6d-8fa9-0a55a40f30f7/678e2269-44b7-4c6d-8fa9-0a55a40f30f7_source__v.pdf

Not sure what to order. They have a two pack or six pack. Those options seem ridiculous. I just need two but I’m thinking it would be nice if there was an option to get three. I seem to remember somebody saying their kit was missing something 

10 minutes ago, Leroyr55 said:

Not sure what to order. They have a two pack or six pack. Those options seem ridiculous. I just need two but I’m thinking it would be nice if there was an option to get three. I seem to remember somebody saying their kit was missing something 

If there are two of you, I'd order the 4 pack, just in case something went wrong.  I ordered the 2 pack from Royal's site.  I have 4 more from the Government that are rapid ihealth and can be done via proctor.  I've got toooooooo much invested in this cruise to take chances with anything.  

18 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Order from Emed.com same test, only sold in a 6 pack, typically comes out cheaper.

I really wish I had known this before ordering mine... I came across the pricing on their website about a week after ordering from the Royal link. It would have been $50 less for 6 tests (although I did read that emed has been charging a lot for shipping? so maybe not that much more...)

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I really wish I had known this before ordering mine... I came across the pricing on their website about a week after ordering from the Royal link. It would have been $50 less for 6 tests (although I did read that emed has been charging a lot for shipping? so maybe not that much more...)

It depends on where you live.  I believe I paid $18 to NY

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Anyone have recent turnaround times for Optum to ship the tests?  I ordered on Sunday afternoon and they haven't shipped yet.

Has your CC been charged yet or just "Pending"?  If pending, I'd call Optum and find out what the hell is going on.    

On 4/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, Leroyr55 said:

I ordered a 3 pack from Optum store late last week.

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean-tests/

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My CC was charged right away.

Luckily I don't need them until next weekend, but emed took forever to ship last time around so I was hoping Optum would be faster

Hope so, good luck! 

My experience with Optum was way back in Feb or Mar for my May cruise and I got mine in about 3 or 4 days.  I was absolutely in no hurry.  I did order through Royal's site which is actually a conduit to Optum's site.  I'd still call and, at least, let them know that you aren't happy with their service, if you're not.