Delays at RCCL Issuing Future Cruise Credits

It has been 75+ days since we cancelled our Jan 23 cruise on Oasis and still no FCC certificate.  As far as I know FCC’s have to be used not later than one year of the cancellation date.  If accurate that means that our choices for using the FCC’s is shrinking each day.  I would be OK if the one year limit were based on the FCC issue date but not if the limit is based on the cancellation date.  But then again, we seem to be at the mercy of RCCL.  Has anyone else experienced this type of delay and how was it resolved?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

When FCC issues arise your travel agent needs to be proactive in seeking resolution.

If you are your own travel agent, that becomes your duty.  

I agree with both comments.  Our TA has contacted Royal and was told they were going to expedite the processing but to date, we have seen no evidence of action on RCCL’s part.  Additionaly, our TA was contacting RCCL again today.  

Is 75+ days routine for FCC processing?  Can anyone please share their experiences on what “expedited processing” might really mean.  I am just trying to gauge how often I need to bug our TA who has been good over the years. 

I’ve not received my FCC from a Jan 7 cruise.  My TA has checked a few times.

on March 17 she was told “the numbers were issued but not funded yet” and “they will be funded after April 1”

I guess I’ll be following up again on Monday.  I need this done, there are 4 of us sailing in June….so I’d like to apply this credit to that cruise before final payment.

I had the same issue, I cancelled my cruise at beginning of Jan and waited and waited, you read on these threads about it taking up to 3 month. Like yourself as time passed i became more anxious due to timescale involed. 

I contacted TA at beginning of March and after a few days i recieved a reply showing me that vouchers had been issued on 18th of Jan with a $0 balance, i received no notice of this at the time from either RC or TA

Waited  for an update  then 8 days ago sent RC a direct email asking what was happening, still no reply from RC to email so i called RC in UK to ask them about it and they said it was a definite error however i needed to call RC in US to get it fixed.

This i done on Thursday past,i was told they would need to send an email higher up the chain and this would take a few days. Wasnt accepting this so asked to talk with someone higher as it needed sorted, my original Agent put me on hold then came back after 5 mins to tell me vouchers had been credited with correct values. 

Anything else Sir? 

Yes you can stay on the call until i input these vouchers because if they dont work you can fix it.

Vouchers were accepted however on checking next morning only 1 voucher was deducted for total, so i called RC in UK and they informed me that 2nd voucher had an issue and had not worked so they inputted it manually. 

Took 1 month of emails and waiting when a 2hr 12min call to RC US got it sorted but if i hadn't chased this up i would have been unaware of the issues and still waiting for vouchers that would never have arrived.

My advice would be to call RC, explain your situation, be nice as shouting the odds or obscenities will get you nowhere and if your not happy with what you are told politey ask to talk with someone higher.

Same but slightly different issue. Canceled cruise in late December/early January. My (mei) TA had to do some digging for my reg FCC's and got them. I had only been issued one out of 3 or 4.

Now I'm waiting on my onboard credits which add up to almost $1400. I'd like to burn it all on my next cruise but I'm not 100% I'll get it. Like so many of us I finally bit the bullet to make up for all my lost cruises due to the pandemic. Between work and not wanting to sail solo after basically being alone for 2 years my friend asked to join and I'm excited, I wanna make this fun for us. 

8 hours ago, Thorntor said:

I agree with both comments.  Our TA has contacted Royal and was told they were going to expedite the processing but to date, we have seen no evidence of action on RCCL’s part.  Additionaly, our TA was contacting RCCL again today.  

Is 75+ days routine for FCC processing?  Can anyone please share their experiences on what “expedited processing” might really mean.  I am just trying to gauge how often I need to bug our TA who has been good over the years. 

For our Serenade cruise which Royal cancelled in January, they waited until the actual sail date before processing refunds, etc.  For us, the wait was about 2-3 weeks.  We found we couldn't use all of the FCC on our re-booked trip because it can't be applied to taxes and port fees.

15 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

they waited until the actual sail date before processing refunds, etc. 

This was very typical for a long time.  Not sure if they are still using this process or not.  They will tell you your refund will be processed XX # of days after the cruise is cancelled but what they don’t tell you is when the cruise is actually officially cancelled.  Time and time again the cruise was not officially cancelled until the days it would have returned on the original itinerary.  So often it was a very long time before they even started the refund process.  I think they’ve moved away from that process now.  At least, I hope they have !

FCCs are incredibly frustrating! I have quite a few for clients that show a $0 balance, or are inactive, or just can't be redeemed for one reason or another. Unfortunately even as a TA I am at the mercy of whenever Royal wants to get back to us on this.  (including yours @Ray that has been sent to escalation.)

I will be happy when I never have to hear "FCC" again.