Luggage Tags Question

43 days until Harmony of the Seas! 

This is my first RCL cruise and I've done as much 'pre-travel' stuff as I can (minus the Muster Drill and COVID test), but I'm lost as to how to obtain my luggage tags.  How do you get them to print out?  Where are they located?  I'd appreciate help from any of the seasoned pros out there!

17 minutes ago, Cruisin_with_the_Oldies said:

43 days until Harmony of the Seas! 

This is my first RCL cruise and I've done as much 'pre-travel' stuff as I can (minus the Muster Drill and COVID test), but I'm lost as to how to obtain my luggage tags.  How do you get them to print out?  Where are they located?  I'd appreciate help from any of the seasoned pros out there!

Your luggage tags will be with your Set Sail Pass. But they usually show ups closer to your cruise date. Muster drill on board is so easy. Watch on your smart phone or on the tv in your cabin. Just be sure to do it or else the ship can't depart the port. Covid test at home before embarkation is also very easy. Did you order your test kits from Royal? Hopes this helps. 😎

7 minutes ago, rjac said:

Your luggage tags will be with your Set Sail Pass. But they usually show ups closer to your cruise date. Muster drill on board is so easy. Watch on your smart phone or on the tv in your cabin. Just be sure to do it or else the ship can't depart the port. Covid test at home before embarkation is also very easy. Did you order your test kits from Royal? Hopes this helps. 😎

Oh yeah, here's an Amazon link of luggage tag holders that a lot of us use: Amazon.com: Cruise Luggage Tag Holder Zip Seal & Steel Loops | Royal Caribbean & Celebrity | ID Badge | Waterproof, Clear | Luggage Tags | Royal Caribbean Cruise Travel Accessories | RCCL | (Clear - 8 Pack) : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

10 minutes ago, sunset1031 said:

Why do we print out the luggage tag ahead of time? Will it delay the boarding time if they do it for you at the terminal? How do you affix your home print tags to your luggage if you don't have one of those  "luggage tags" from Amazon? Thx.

Some folks like to have it done already. No reason you HAVE to do it ahead of time. As for using holders, no need to. The tags have directions on them for how to fold them into a strip that you staple around your luggage handle.

One word of caution. I haven't seen this happen post covid, but the luggage tags used to disappear from the website 3 days prior to departure. More than once I'd go looking for them while packing and they were gone.

Now I print to pdf a week or so prior to Depart. 

Like I said, I haven't seen this post covud so maybe royal has wised up a bit.

Big picture: don't stress about luggage tags.  Better to print, easy to affix to luggage.  If you forget, or a tag gets lost, the porters carry blank tags and markers to replace.  Do not forget to tip porters!!!  You can always roll aboard your own luggage, but that can be a real pain when cabins are not ready or when going through security at boarding.