Energy / High electrolyte drinks?

Eaglelover

Folks,

I don't see this addressed (and maybe it's not important to most people) but I wonder if there is / are energy or high electrolyte drinks available on most ships?  I happen to be going on Radiance, but i suppose they would be available (if at all) on most ships.  Anyone with an answer?  I do have the Deluxe Beverage Package (but know that makes no difference for the question).

7 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

I bring Liquid IV packets on the ship to mix with bottle water when I cruise/travel. They are akin to pedialyte powder and are easier to carry.  Costco has bags Of 30 packets for cheap

Thank you.  I generally do the same since I spend a lot of time hiking / on pilgrimage.  I had never heard whether or not the commercial things are available on RCL.  Just an aside, I generally take along Ultima Replenisher (lemonade / 0 Kcal)

51 minutes ago, Eaglelover said:

I wonder if it is the Powerade Zero.  I drink that at home, too.

I'm on the Coke Freestyle website now (https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=all drinks) and they have a screen which I think replicates the machine's screen. On the website it does list Powerade Zero in eight flavors, so it's an option on the machine. I have no idea though if RC stocks every option though. From what I've heard, the machines works by adding various ingredients together to make the flavor the customer likes, and I heard that there is a separate sugar/corn syrup packet that could or couldn't dispense depending on what the customer chooses. Since there is also regular Powerade in the same flavors, the machine might dispense the Powerade syrup/powder/whatever plus the sugar for regular Powerade and without it for the Powerade Zero. I think that's how all the various zero sugar options work. Then again, I'm only an occasional Powerade/Gatorade drinker and I don't drink Coke or any other soft drinks/sodas so I might not be the best source of info.

Also, I see Vitamin Water as an option if that's also something you drink. 

3 hours ago, ChanaC said:

I'm on the Coke Freestyle website now (https://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/choices/?filter1=all drinks) and they have a screen which I think replicates the machine's screen. On the website it does list Powerade Zero in eight flavors, so it's an option on the machine. I have no idea though if RC stocks every option though. From what I've heard, the machines works by adding various ingredients together to make the flavor the customer likes, and I heard that there is a separate sugar/corn syrup packet that could or couldn't dispense depending on what the customer chooses. Since there is also regular Powerade in the same flavors, the machine might dispense the Powerade syrup/powder/whatever plus the sugar for regular Powerade and without it for the Powerade Zero. I think that's how all the various zero sugar options work. Then again, I'm only an occasional Powerade/Gatorade drinker and I don't drink Coke or any other soft drinks/sodas so I might not be the best source of info.

Also, I see Vitamin Water as an option if that's also something you drink. 

Thank you for your effort.  Now the question is whether Radiance has the Freestyle machines.  It seems to me that I read that not every ship has them yet.  I guess I'll find out in a month....  (by the way a local fast food place has a Freestyle machine and it doesn't have the Powerade option.  I guess that varies, too.... I'll carry some of my electrolyte powder with me... Can't even have a glass of wine without insuring I have enough!!! )

17 hours ago, Eaglelover said:

Folks,

I don't see this addressed (and maybe it's not important to most people) but I wonder if there is / are energy or high electrolyte drinks available on most ships?  I happen to be going on Radiance, but i suppose they would be available (if at all) on most ships.  Anyone with an answer?  I do have the Deluxe Beverage Package (but know that makes no difference for the question).

If they do not have it at a particular bar, and it is one you frequently go to, a few bucks and you will always have it.  When I was on Vision of the seas they did not stock it in the Solarium, a few bucks to the bartender and for 12 days there was Powerade and Vitamin water there for me. 

Also, when you are getting off the ship for excursions they usually have a station set up as you are leaving the ship where you can pick up bottles of Powerade and water as you are getting off.  Not sure if every port offered it but I mostly remember it being there.

• 2 weeks later...