Oasis of the Seas Entertainment

I really enjoyed all of the shows - except for Cats.  I think you will enjoy them.

Cats is actually a very good production.  It's just VERY long and to quote my DH, "How much longer do I have to watch a bunch of people in cat costumes slink around the stage ?".  We bolted at intermission and did not return as did MANY others.

come fly with me is a cirque du solei type show that was really good.  the ice show was also well done with a performer that does the entire story of princess and the pea in a light box drawing with sand (hard to visualize i know but it was cool).  We also had a guy named "el gaucho" who was like a real life Puss-n-boots that was comedy, guitar, and juggle dancing.  thoroughly entertaining for an hour.  

on our sailing every aqua show was canceled though... boo. 

Cats was a bunch of very talented singers/dancers in amazing costumes on a great set with a boring script/story. Too bad for the talented cast. However... all of the other entertainment on the ship was amazing! The ice show was incredible, the Aquatheater was so different from anything you will see at sea or anywhere else for that matter. Come Fly With Me was excellent. You will enjoy it all, but I just don't understand why they chose Cats for a cruise ship... one of the rare misses for RCI entertainment.

When will we be able to book our shows (we cruise July 16th).  This is all new to me, as we never had to before (yes, it's been WAY TOO LONG) as they had 2 shows so that the early dinner crowd saw the show after dinner and the later dinner crowd saw their show before dinner.  We have late seating for dinner so I don't even know what time the shows are.

When will we be able to book our shows (we cruise July 16th).  This is all new to me, as we never had to before (yes, it's been WAY TOO LONG) as they had 2 shows so that the early dinner crowd saw the show after dinner and the later dinner crowd saw their show before dinner.  We have late seating for dinner so I don't even know what time the shows are.

We cruise June 4th and I booked mine last week.

This blog post should be helpful: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/23/first-time-cruisers-when-can-i-prebook-entertainment-dining-and-more-my-royal-caribbean

You will want to research the available show times once they are available to book. On our Oasis cruise the shows were mostly later, like 8:30 pm or later. The shows repeat, but on different days. They do not have an early show and late show on the same night. If you have late seating it may be difficult/impossible to see the shows unless you book a specialty restaurant or My Time Dining early in the evening or go to the Windjammer buffet. I had to develop a spreadsheet to work out our dining/show schedule for our cruise.

You will want to research the available show times once they are available to book. On our Oasis cruise the shows were mostly later, like 8:30 pm or later. The shows repeat, but on different days. They do not have an early show and late show on the same night. If you have late seating it may be difficult/impossible to see the shows unless you book a specialty restaurant or My Time Dining early in the evening or go to the Windjammer buffet. I had to develop a spreadsheet to work out our dining/show schedule for our cruise.

That's what I was afraid of being in conflict with dinner.  The shows are available to look at yet.  I will take your advise and make me a spread sheet.