Is check-in time on the app always Eastern time?

CFL

8 hours ago, CFL said:

I will be checking in soon on the app for our May Alaska cruise. Is check-in time midnight Eastern time or ship time (which would be 3am Eastern)?  

I will find out Monday night. I'll be watching the NCAA men's basketball final that night and Tuesday is check in day for the Ovation May 20 sailing. Won't have to wait too long after the game to get past midnight Eastern and try to check in. If it's ship time, I'll probably wait until 3 hours past the start of check in since I'll be getting up for work at 6:00 EDT.

9 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I will find out Monday night. I'll be watching the NCAA men's basketball final that night and Tuesday is check in day for the Ovation May 20 sailing. Won't have to wait too long after the game to get past midnight Eastern and try to check in. If it's ship time, I'll probably wait until 3 hours past the start of check in since I'll be getting up for work at 6:00 EDT.

That's my sailing too... I'm hoping it's midnight eastern time, I don't feel like setting the alarm for 3am 😴

As stated by some, it will be the time of the port the ship is scheduled to leave from. Since a lot of sailings occur out of Florida people assume EST but it is not always the case. 

I suggest looking up the time zone of your departure and converting it to your time zone, instead of just basing it on EST.

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

As stated by some, it will be the time of the port the ship is scheduled to leave from. Since a lot of sailings occur out of Florida people assume EST but it is not always the case. 

I suggest looking up the time zone of your departure and converting it to your time zone, instead of just basing it on EST.

Thanks! Departure port is Seattle, and I live in Florida, so I guess it will be 3am for me.