Cvs rapid Testing acceptance

2 hours ago, lovelyelleg said:

Hello fellow cruise aficionados. Can anyone that recently traveled or planning on traveling in the next few weeks used or plan on using cvs for a rapid antigen test? Was it accepted in past/recent sailing? Thank you. 

As long as CVS meets the minimum requirements of Royal, which CVS does, you will be Okay.  Click on the link and read it for your self.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

By the way, Royal is in partnership with Abbott/Optum but that doesn't mean that that is the only manufacturer/supply house you can use.  

12 hours ago, lovelyelleg said:

Hello fellow cruise aficionados. Can anyone that recently traveled or planning on traveling in the next few weeks used or plan on using cvs for a rapid antigen test? Was it accepted in past/recent sailing? Thank you. 

I used it back in Nov. and it was fine, i've used Abbott proctored since

4 hours ago, greenline627 said:

What did CVS charge for the tests?

Are you insured? If so, nothing. If not, it is a chargeable office visit in the CVS Minute Clinic and the cost of the test. It runs around $140 per visit wi/test and that includes all the documentation you need. You'll leave the CVS with that in-hand. Comforting.

You can make advance appointments at a CVS that has a Minute Clinic near you if the timing works out. I'm not sure if RCL is still doing "concierge testing" at the port. It doesn't cost anymore than going to CVS last time I looked this up but they don't take insurance. Cash or CC only. Very convenient.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

Maybe this is my nerves making me over think this but when I was looking for cvs testing near me, one says not accepted for travel and the other days accepted for travel  I have searched for only the antigen test. Is there more than one rapid antigen test? The top result is much closer to my house but I don’t want to go there if it won’t be accepted by Royal.

F2537BCF-CAB5-43B4-B730-33EFCDDC4C21.png.908f1d6c5fba5f89fddc5fadce1bacda.png

21 minutes ago, smost said:

one says not accepted for travel and the other days accepted for travel  I have searched for only the antigen test.

The Not accepted for travel statement is an old throwback to when most travel was requiring the PCR testing. That location likely hasn't updated their system to reflect the same as the other location. As long as you can walk out with emailed results, either of those will be accepted by Royal.

We did the rapid results antigen test at CVS  for our March cruise, 6 people over 3 different states.  Said YES to the first question regarding transmission social distancing, no charge for any of us.  Got a text with printable results in about an hour. No issues at the terminal with said printed results.

Be super careful - CVS has been known for last minute cancellations of testing. It was a huge issue back in October - so much so that we went ahead and did the proctored/home testing. It was super easy - all three of us sat at our dinner table and performed the tests one-by-one. Good luck and hopefully it won't be an issue for much longer!