Air Matress question

TracyB

1 hour ago, TracyB said:

I’ll be on symphony of the seas in a neighborhood balcony and wondering if anyone thinks a twin air mattress would fit in front of the couch area. I didn’t see air mattress in the list of things not allowed. Thanks. 

That is a very unusual item to pack on the cruise, but I cannot see why they would be prohibit you from bringing it, other than maybe power issues to fill it up with air. 

I cannot speak to the neighborhood balcony, but I was just on Symphony in a standard ocean view balcony room.  In that room, there was not much floor space between the couch and the desk/storage cabinet across from it.  If it could fit, I am sure it would be very tight with no walking space around it.  

3 hours ago, TracyB said:

I’ll be on symphony of the seas in a neighborhood balcony and wondering if anyone thinks a twin air mattress would fit in front of the couch area. I didn’t see air mattress in the list of things not allowed. Thanks. 

I am curious why you would need an air mattress?  There should be sufficient bed space for all the room occupants as is.

23 hours ago, TracyB said:

I was actually wondering the same thing because I know my 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son DO NOT want to share the pullman bed.

5 hours ago, Michelle1121 said:

I was actually wondering the same thing because I know my 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son DO NOT want to share the pullman bed.

Welcome to the boards! A Pullman bed on Royal is always a twin, so no sharing possible. It comes down from the ceiling. 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, Pooch said:

We had an easy solve to the sleeping arrangements problem.  When there were 2 beds, son slept with dad, daughter with me.  Somehow we managed to sleep apart for a week and 42 years later are still married.

I would be on board with that if they were not twin beds. 😅

Guess I was lucky, my kids didn’t care.  Come to think of it, my brother & I were the same way. Growing up we lived in a 2 bedroom apartment so we shared a room.  After he went off to college, we moved into my grandmothers house with a room for each of us.  When he came home for a visit, he still slept on the other twin bed in my room.  I don’t think it occurred to either of us to do otherwise.  We always listened to music & talked half the night.  Couldn’t do that in separate rooms 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

On 4/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, Michelle1121 said:

Ditto, here.  We're booked on Voyager of the Seas with "Spacious Oceanview Balcony," so pulldown Pullmans aren't an option - just a big bed and pullout couch.  My 12 y.o. daughter and 17 y.o. son don't want to share the pullout, nor do they want to sleep with me or my wife.  We're thinking of one kid sleeping on the couch (not pulled out), and the other on the floor with pillows/blankets.  I'm not sure if they have rollaway beds or not, but that's not a bad idea.

I was looking at some of the pictures of the park/boardwalk balconies and...I may be the naysayer here...I would worry about fit.

Even if you don't open up the couch to it's bed size, i think even an air mattress at the foot of the couch will essentially block you guys from crossing over to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Maybe you can go with a sleeping bag on top of extra blankets?

Or, to share the double pull out bed, maybe a long body pillow laid down the center of the bed so they don't have any chance of kicking or rolling over on each other during the night?

• 10 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 7:37 PM, Chris Fish said:

I want to hear the reason for bring an air mattress?😉

I did not post the question, but I have to adult sons that I am taking on Mariner of the Seas in June.  I am considering a air mattress because it's hard for 2 adults to comfortably fit on a full size bed.  Does anyone know if an air mattress would fit?

I would say that an air mattress would not fit in your cabin.  Once the couch is converted to a bed there is just enough room to walk between the bottom of the bed and the desk area and there is no room anywhere else in the room that the air mattress would fit.  Since you mention you will have 4 adults in the room, I would look at 2 cabins - if not 2 balconies then 1 balcony and 1 interior.  Even just thinking of 4 of your trying to get ready for shore excursions and dinner and only having one bathroom will be a feat.