Anthem of the Seas Port Canaveral stop

Hi all,

Getting very excited for our Anthem of the Seas adventure in a few weeks! Initially was thinking we'd probably stay on the ship in Port Canaveral, but now it looks like we may be able to have an early dinner with some friends who live in the area that we haven't seen for a while, which is exciting! I want to stay close to the ship, as we won't have much time (dinner presumably at 5 or 6, with all aboard at 8:30). So while looking at the port on Google Maps, I see that there are several restaurants in the immediate area, even within walking distance, which would be great. My question is, any idea which terminal Anthem will be docking at when we visit Port Canaveral? If it's Terminal 1, we're in great shape. If not, I may have to coordinate with our friends, or figure out a cab to get us to where we need to go. Hoping we can make this work; I have a nagging paranoia about missing the ship!

We usually get off for a couple hours and grab lunch at Grills in Canaveral.  Other than that we stay on ship for most of the day at that port as well. 

However, the last time we were on the Anthem in Nov 21 it docked at terminal 6 instead.  According to a crew member the Independence was at terminal 1 that day and has precedence over other RCL ships at Canaveral on the same day.  The Anthem (leaving from Bayonne) is only at terminal 1 when it is not being used by another ship but does not have any priority to dock there.  It just docks at an available terminal and they do not know what terminal until the day of.  This is according to a crew member we asked so not sure if this is entirely accurate but just sharing what we were told.  

2 hours ago, Dicey said:

According to a crew member the Independence was at terminal 1 that day and has precedence over other RCL ships at Canaveral on the same day.  The Anthem (leaving from Bayonne) is only at terminal 1 when it is not being used by another ship but does not have any priority to dock there.  It just docks at an available terminal and they do not know what terminal until the day of.  This is according to a crew member we asked so not sure if this is entirely accurate but just sharing what we were told.  

Yes, this is the situation.  The ships that are leaving from Port Canaveral that day will get to use Terminal 1.  Port Canaveral currently has ships regularly leaving on Tuesdays (Mariner), Thursdays (Mariner), Fridays (Independence), Saturdays (Mariner), Sundays (Harmony) and Mondays (Independence).

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes, this is the situation.  The ships that are leaving from Port Canaveral that day will get to use Terminal 1.  Port Canaveral currently has ships regularly leaving on Tuesdays (Mariner), Thursdays (Mariner), Fridays (Independence), Saturdays (Mariner), Sundays (Harmony) and Mondays (Independence).

Thanks for clarifying…looks like we’ll be docking on the other side of the port then. Still should be a short ride from there to the restaurants in the vicinity of terminal 1, right?