xCANCELLEDx Rhapsody of the Seas - Mar 16, 2024 - Mar 23, 2024 (7 Night Costa Rica & Panama Canal) - RoyalCaribbeanBlog Group Cruise

AshleyDillo

On 7/17/2022 at 11:22 PM, sk8erguy1978 said:

Well... Nothing official yet but, sent an email to my MEI agent. My thoughts are book refundable with some FCC as a deposit and hope for the best. I'd really like to make this trip.

Holy Sticker shock! Refundable deposit for a balcony is Oasis Class prices! With that said, sent Kathy (my MEI agent) the go ahead with some FCC's to use and a few cabins I'd like to sail in. 

Hope to see everyone onboard! This is really going to be an epic group cruise.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, YOLO said:

Anyone thinking of making this a B2B to preserve the embarkation & debarkation ports for roundtrip to one airport?  Two likely choices would be:

Colon, Panama [MAR 16th & MAR 23rd] @ ONX

Panama City [MAR 9th & MAR 16th] @ PAC or BLB

On 7/10/2022 at 12:39 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  We are on 9th and 16th

If it was 2025 I'd be all over it. That's when longevity at work earns me another 5 vacation days. LOL! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/29/2022 at 9:23 AM, Matt said:

New Rhapsody video tour!

Little bump!... Love this review/tour. This will officially be the smallest ship we've sailed on. We have both been discussing this more recently, we are in, 100%. Might lose inaugural Icon of the Seas because of it but we both are digging this trip more. 

Peeked at the cruise planner, only a few day 5 excursions available but enough to wet the palate. 

Now if it was only December 2023 and not 2022 LOL! 

Happy Holidays - back to regular scheduled programming. 

• 1 month later...

I don't see a thread yet for this one, but if there is, please move this over.  Thanks !

It won't be long and we will be able to start booking air travel for this one; 4-12-23 according to the AA website.

1.  Which airport do we fly into (PTY ?) ?

2.  Has anyone started looking into hotels for the pre-cruise stay ?

We are going to be on the one prior to this (3-9-24) as well as this (3-16-24) group cruise sailing; we want to traverse both directions since this is likely to be our one and only Panama Canal cruise.

Who else is coming along ?

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:51 PM, smokeybandit said:

Speaking of 1 year, has there been any discussion, official or unofficial, of a group hotel or maybe more importantly transportation to Colon from Panama City?

I'm sure if/when it gets closer @Beci will be on it!

Also maybe some other folks who have visited that area can offer some suggestions.

15 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm sure if/when it gets closer @Beci will be on it!

Also maybe some other folks who have visited that area can offer some suggestions.

Hi!  yes!  I am currently working on the Navigator -- and this will be next in line with Serenade.   Have a great day!! 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a Waldorf Astoria in Panama ?  Wow.

We haven’t even started looking at hotels or flights.  Until just a few days ago I wasn’t even sure we would be allowed to go on this one but it looks like they’ve eliminated all vax and testing requirements so maybe we will be ok.

We will be on the 3-9 cruise as well so we’ll be coming in a week or so before everyone else.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, smokeybandit said:

We're now in the window for Copa/United flights. United has a huge markup right now though (like insanely huge).

Nothing on Air2Sea yet.

I just looked at United from NYC (EWR) area and ... YIKES! (~$1300 RT PP!)

See what happens over the next few weeks and months. 

I ended up booking Air to Sea.  I'm flying direct from Austin on Thursday (flight is on Copa and isn't offered Friday) so that will give us a full day to explore Panama City.  Flight back is United/Copa through Houston.  It's just over $1000 each for basic economy so I'm hoping for a reprice.  I'm not sure on Hotel yet.