My Aussie rant

poider

I would like to ask why Royal Caribbean calls themselves Royal Caribbean International.

Here in Australia we are constantly hearing about repricing cruises, and the royal IQ and other incentives, but whenever we try to get them we are told, 'they are only available in the USA'. or 'they are only available on certain ships" only one of those ships comes to Australia.

Perhaps they should drop the international until they are able to offer the same services for all cruisers, cruising from all ports and all countries.

From what I understand, the repricing rules have more to do with local laws than anything else. I'm no legal expert, so I cannot provide specifics, but it is the rationale I have heard in the past.  Thinking about it logically, why have different rules arbitrarily for different countries? Seems like if there were no legal reason for doing so, RC would be making their life more difficult.

To play devils advocate Matt, because they get to keep the money everywhere else if someone changes their plans ;)

So why wouldn't they prohibit rebooking everywhere then if it is indeed not related to government laws/regulations?