Cruise mate no show

If you cancel her, they will reprice your cabin as a solo so it will probably result in a higher cost.  If you no show her, they will refund port fees & taxes plus any prepaid gratuities and CP purchases to original form of payment.  

On this topic, does anyone have any experience of what happens in this case where a DX drinks package has been pre-purchased for the person who no-shows? Does their portion get refunded and the person who does cruise still get theirs?

Trying to work out what would happen if I booked a cruise intending to go solo, but have to book a second name against the cruise.

10 hours ago, Dave_Aus said:

On this topic, does anyone have any experience of what happens in this case where a DX drinks package has been pre-purchased for the person who no-shows? Does their portion get refunded and the person who does cruise still get theirs?

Trying to work out what would happen if I booked a cruise intending to go solo, but have to book a second name against the cruise.

I can speak to that, Dave - I had my ex's name down as second guest on my 2019 sailing, always intending to no-show him (was taking advantage of the 50% off second guest that was going on when I booked).

I wanted the Deluxe Beverage Package, called Royal to tell them he didn't drink (absolutely true, for medical reasons) so I could just buy a Refreshment package for him.

When I no-showed him, that was refunded, along with the port fees and taxes.  No muss, no fuss. 

Enjoy travelling solo!

Are points important to you? If you reprice as solo, I believe you get double points for sailing solo. Probably best to see what the price for the same cruise would be as a solo and then decide if it's worth it. It might have even gone down. I repriced an upcoming sailing for KSF and checked the 2nd cabin (with no kids) for the heck of it - it also went down due to some other discounts. So you never know.

20 hours ago, June May said:

I can speak to that, Dave - I had my ex's name down as second guest on my 2019 sailing, always intending to no-show him (was taking advantage of the 50% off second guest that was going on when I booked).

I wanted the Deluxe Beverage Package, called Royal to tell them he didn't drink (absolutely true, for medical reasons) so I could just buy a Refreshment package for him.

When I no-showed him, that was refunded, along with the port fees and taxes.  No muss, no fuss. 

Enjoy travelling solo!

That’s awesome June. Thanks for the advice!

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 9:30 AM, June May said:

Enjoy travelling solo!

Any idea how long the refund took?  We got off the ship 6/26, my mom was a no-show, and we were told to just wait for her refreshment package, port fees and refund of the 1 extra person at Izumi (prepaid) to appear on our card.  They actually said 4-7 days after the no-show, which we notified them of on 6/18.  Thanks!