Amplified Schedule...

Allure is definitely high, if not top, on the list. It was just entering dry dock for 'amping' when COVID hit (literally I believe it was headed into dry dock and the shipyard denied them entering b/c COVID had just hit cruise ships.) It's an Oasis-class boat (huge for families, etc.) and as of now it doesn't have water slides or the Abyss, Playmakers, and a few other popular attractions. 

42 minutes ago, jeffmw said:

Allure is definitely high, if not top, on the list. It was just entering dry dock for 'amping' when COVID hit (literally I believe it was headed into dry dock and the shipyard denied them entering b/c COVID had just hit cruise ships.) It's an Oasis-class boat (huge for families, etc.) and as of now it doesn't have water slides or the Abyss, Playmakers, and a few other popular attractions. 

Here is hoping they amp the service and food prep in the CK /SL when they do! When we go from symphony to allure we feel as if we have entered an entirely different planet Ck wise.

19 hours ago, jeffmw said:

From what a next cruise agent told me, it was only able to get external repairs/maintenance but no one was allowed inside which is why the amping never got done.

• 4 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:59 PM, jeffmw said:

I was on the Allure transatlantic to Spain when all heck broke loose and the world changed.  We had already picked up some contractors who were prepping for dry dock work as we sailed.  

Allure was going into dry dock due to the legal requirements to dry dock on a 5 year basis.  This is done for work below the waterline that requires the hull be dry.  The amplification was secondary to the required dry dock.  Technically an amplification doesn't require a dry condition, it can be done while the ship is wet. 

One of Allure's azipods was out of service at the time.  We sailed the transatlantic with the propeller blades for the 3rd azipod secured on the helipad so they would not induce drag and slow us down.  We crossed on two azipods.

While the amplification was postponed they did eventually allow Allure to dry dock for the required marine maintenance and azipod repair.  The delayed entry to the dry dock  was not due to COVID outbreaks on ships but Spain was a hotspot in those early days.  The shipyard was closed initially due to outbreaks on land, not ships.  

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, LaraMcK said:

Why is it so difficult to get update details? Or is this typical? 
Booked on a Summer 2023 cruise on Explorer of the Seas and I see conflicting info out there. 

Welcome to the message boards.

In short, there is no update. Explorer of the Seas is not scheduled at this time to get her 2020 amplification. So you should expect the ship in its current form to be your cruise in 2023 until something else is announced.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

Adventure of the Seas seems to have  scheduled  a dry dock from Nov 6 -24, 2024.

I hope at least it gets Playmakers. 

I'm with you, but that's pretty short for an amp. I'm betting it will be a "technical" drydock. That means mechanical repairs and maintenance and not much more.

I saw somewhere that a crew member told a guest that they would be installing Playmakers during the dry dock.  Unlike water slides that are very intensive to retrofit onto a ship, a bar venue is mostly cosmetic.  To install slides they rip open the pool deck, install water tanks and pumps which require electrical work and cranes to hoist the sections of slides, etc.  Converting one defined interior space doesn't require the level of effort that slides do.

They converted the Ovation Noodle venue on the pool deck to Fish & Ships while we were sailing to Alaska.  The barricaded the area off and by the end of the cruise it was done to reveal the new venue.   Guests boarding the next cruise would have no idea the venue was brand new.  

So it is possible they can make some less intensive type modifications to bring Adventure closer to an "amped" state.  She already had the water slides installed so the heavy lifting towards her "amp" is already done.   

That’s a pretty short dry dock for Adventure so I bet it’s mostly maintenance. She does already have water slides, so even whenever they amplify it, it might not be as intensive as some of the others. Explorer has one next month and it’s almost twice as long so maybe we will see some changes. Explorer and Allure are the only two that are still missing water slides. I think the comment on adding Playmakers from another thread was for Explorer.

I know I've posted this before but it's worth repeating.  Adventure started the who amplification thing.  While it took longer than planned due to a hurricane way back then (Matthew IIRC), it was the success of the Adventure refurbishment that created the amplification program.  In the years since Playmakers was created on Symphony and that was such a popular venue that some ships received one in their amplification.

Before all of that Adventure received water slides, Izumi, cabin updates, a suite lounge, new mini golf, etc. 

The only reason they couldn't call Adventure "amped' is because she was the reason the amp was created so the program didn't exist until she was updated.   "Amp" was coined as a marketing phrase only after they waited to see how it worked out on Adventure.  

One could argue Adventure is already amped as there is no definition of what amped actually means.