Sale Away Traditions

6 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Buckets of beer on the balcony(Deck 17 is preferred) is my ideal sail away tradition. Can’t wait for Odyssey!

Buckets of beer are awesome!  A lot of people actually don't know they can order them.  My favorite thing to order at the pool deck is a bucket of Red Stripe.

25 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Buckets of beer are awesome!  A lot of people actually don't know they can order them.  My favorite thing to order at the pool deck is a bucket of Red Stripe.

Same here. A bucket of red stripe is perfection! So I used to be able to order buckets through room service but now I end up going to Boleros and bringing it back upstairs for sail away. 

7 hours ago, Frogfanatic said:

Hey Y'all! The fam and I are headed out on HOS on April 3 from Cape Canaveral and was wondering what everyones sail away traditions are.  I am looking for some ideas on where the best place to be on the ship is and/or other cool activities to do for sail away.  I'm all ears. 

Since you are leaving from Canaveral, I'd try to be on the "port" (left) side of the ship.  As you are leaving, you get a great view of the Cape and some of the historical NASA buildings/structures.  Also, you'll get a great look at a, hell I can't think of the technical name of it now, submarine top portion.  It's just sitting there, looks like it's growing out of the grass.  As far as location on the port side, be up as high as you can get.  Cheers!  

Wow! These are some great ideas.  Wonder if there is access to the helipad on HOS.  Sounds like at high up as possible is the general consensus and port side or aft.  Bucket of beer sounds like good plan as well.  I didn't know you could order this.  Only been on one other RCCL cruise before.  The rest have been with Disney and they would allow it as well. 

Keep them coming.......

8 minutes ago, Frogfanatic said:

Wonder if there is access to the helipad on HOS. 

There is not access to the helipad on Oasis class ships. 

Harmony has the bridge wings at the front of Deck 14, all the way forward through the Solarium which are a good place to be up high and watch sailaway.  Also the very back of the ship by the Abyss slide entrance on Deck 16 has great wake views and would allow you to walk back and forth between sides and watch sailway.  There's also a bar up there to make grabbing sailaway drinks very convenient.