DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport

Forgive me if information about this hotel has been asked and answered previously.

I am doing my research to see where to stay for a sailing out of Cape Liberty.  Has anyone stayed here?  What was the stay like?  Good enough to stay the night and get on the ship?  Was the hotel/room clean?  

Thanks for any information to help with my research.

I've stayed here before, but it has been since...2019? That sounds about right. I'll give you my one experience, but I do urge you to check out Google and Tripadvisor too...once or two people's experience is great, but hundreds/thousands are better. Take them all with a grain of salt, because people only usually post if they have really good or really bad experiences, and mine was middle-of-the-road. BUT, trends still emerge from reviews.

Okay, enough of that. I did NOT stay here for a cruise, but that shouldn't matter. The airport shuttle was fine - not super quick, not super slow. I remember the room being fairly basic and somewhat run down (pretty common with airport hotels due to their high turnover), but decently clean. I did not try the restaurant, but I remember it being crazy expensive because (a) it's a hotel, (b) it's an airport hotel, (c) it's an airport hotel in the NYC metro area, and (d) it's an airport hotel in the NYC metro area with literally no non-hotel restaurants anywhere around it. 

So yeah, it'll be fine...but don't expect a whole lot. 

2 hours ago, Zacharius said:

I've stayed here before, but it has been since...2019? That sounds about right. I'll give you my one experience, but I do urge you to check out Google and Tripadvisor too...once or two people's experience is great, but hundreds/thousands are better. Take them all with a grain of salt, because people only usually post if they have really good or really bad experiences, and mine was middle-of-the-road. BUT, trends still emerge from reviews.

Okay, enough of that. I did NOT stay here for a cruise, but that shouldn't matter. The airport shuttle was fine - not super quick, not super slow. I remember the room being fairly basic and somewhat run down (pretty common with airport hotels due to their high turnover), but decently clean. I did not try the restaurant, but I remember it being crazy expensive because (a) it's a hotel, (b) it's an airport hotel, (c) it's an airport hotel in the NYC metro area, and (d) it's an airport hotel in the NYC metro area with literally no non-hotel restaurants anywhere around it. 

So yeah, it'll be fine...but don't expect a whole lot. 

Thanks for the run down.  I am not looking for a whole lot.  arrive, eat, sleep, cruise.  I will be looking at other places too.  I just want something handy to get to and then to the port.  We are not spending any time sightseeing in NYC.