iPhone waterproof case

• Leroyr55 changed the title to iPhone waterproof case

I've used several for cruises, beaches and paddle boarding. Pay a little to get a good quality one. I've fell in the water and my phone was fine. The better quality ones have clearer plastic. I don't remember the brand name of my favorite one but it's about $20-25. I've gotten a lot of use out of it.

Just make sure that you don't already have any condensation or air in the case.  If the phone is snuggly in the waterproof case, the pictures will be great.  Any air that causes the phone to have room in the case may create just enough space for glare or slight reflection. I use the Joto one pictured above at least once a week in the ocean.

2 hours ago, Kayleigh said:

I ordered this for our cruise and it worked great ( have an android and the pictures were clear as day):

image.png.48bf78212a66fe663357dcc1e45b3494.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNNWW8M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have the same, and totally agree, pic quality is not affected in any way, and screen is fully functional

7 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

FYI- My kids have tossed my iPhone in the pool and it sat at the bottom for about 15 minutes and I am currently posting this response on said iPhone 13. I also keep it in my pocket when we are at the beach. No issues….. I believe alien technology has moved us beyond waterproof cases. 

That's dangerous territory you are treading.  I too have used the iPhone's water resistant feature for depths up to 5 meters and time up to about 15 minutes.  But I would not ever recommend this.  The seal between the glass and the sides can have microfractures that you cannot see and water can definitely penetrate.

7 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

That's dangerous territory you are treading.  I too have used the iPhone's water resistant feature for depths up to 5 meters and time up to about 15 minutes.  But I would not ever recommend this.  The seal between the glass and the sides can have microfractures that you cannot see and water can definitely penetrate.

I’ve certainly put it to the test and so far, no issues other then the sand scratches on the screen. Now underwater photography may be something that I will have to test next and report back. 

20 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

FYI- My kids have tossed my iPhone in the pool and it sat at the bottom for about 15 minutes and I am currently posting this response on said iPhone 13. I also keep it in my pocket when we are at the beach. No issues….. I believe alien technology has moved us beyond waterproof cases. 

I'm still far too paranoid to let me phone get wet at all. I totally believe you, but I'm so conditioned to avoid it getting wet