Parking at Port Canaveral for RC??

Abby

For those of you who have parked in the RC lot at Port Canaveral, FL, are the spaces big enough to accommodate a F350 dually truck? And is it a parking lot or a garage? We are trying to decide on which vehicle to take and while we'd prefer the truck, I don't want to get down there and have issues with parking due to its size.

Thanks!

It is a normal parking garage.  There are no extra large spaces and I expect a truck that big will encroach on one or both of the spaces on each side and stick out pretty far.  Parking garages are just not designed for huge trucks.  My suggestion, if you must take it, is to park on the top deck in a corner.  Personally as a vertically challenged driver, I hate when a truck like that parks next to me.  Takes up all the space between our vehicles and I cannot see around it to pull out safely.  Also not sure of the height limitations.

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

It is a normal parking garage.  There are no extra large spaces and I expect a truck that big will encroach on one or both of the spaces on each side and stick out pretty far.  Parking garages are just not designed for huge trucks.  My suggestion, if you must take it, is to park on the top deck in a corner.  Personally as a vertically challenged driver, I hate when a truck like that parks next to me.  Takes up all the space between our vehicles and I cannot see around it to pull out safely.  Also not sure of the height limitations.

This helps tremendously!! Thanks!!!

Just an FYI, and I'm not saying the following as an absolute truth, but as a retired Parking System General Manager at the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl Airport AND Port Everglades, the top floor is the floor "most" people try to avoid to park in and it is usually the last to fill, get too filled.  I don't think you'd have a hard time finding a space for your P/U that doesn't encroach too badly, especially in corner locations. 

Oh, please be courteous and remove the trailer hitch.  My shins are damaged enough. 🥴

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 10:29 PM, jay1021 said:

Just an FYI, and I'm not saying the following as an absolute truth, but as a retired Parking System General Manager at the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl Airport AND Port Everglades, the top floor is the floor "most" people try to avoid to park in and it is usually the last to fill, get too filled.  I don't think you'd have a hard time finding a space for your P/U that doesn't encroach too badly, especially in corner locations. 

Oh, please be courteous and remove the trailer hitch.  My shins are damaged enough. 🥴

Thank you!!! We opted to take my SUV instead, which is still big but can fit in the garage well enough. I definitely appreciate the feedback though! I'm thankful for everyone that weighed in bc I'm sure we would have been stressed otherwise! Happy sailing! 

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Billbo58 said:

I have a 2500 Ram not concerned with the width just the height. Anyone know the ceiling height?

Unless you modified the truck or installed roof mounted flood lamps or something like that, etc etc, you should be fine!  Most commercial/public garages have "headache bars", usually hanging overhead using chains or ropes, before you enter the garage.  If you touch a headache bar, don't enter.  The height is also posted before you enter.  

WARNING TO ALL:  If you enter the garage but your vehicle is higher than the posted height limit, don't feel confident.  The posted height is referring to the lowest place in the garage SOMEWHERE, not necessarily at the entrance.  The headache bar is equivalent with the lowest part of the garage, SOMEWHERE.

Edited by Suite Snob
P.S. If you enter and you find yourself in a location where you are about to hit the ceiling/top by a fraction of an inch or an inch point something, let about half the air out of your tires. Your good to go!