Selecting boarding time?

MG728

42 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

On your check in day it starts at 12:01 am EST.  If you live on the west coast of United States you can check in at 9:01 pm.  Have your passport and vaccine card handy so there is no issues checking in.  I have also switched between my phone and computer to get completely signed in.

That was not my experience today while trying to do an online check in although Royal IT might have had a hand in my problems.

I live in the Central Time Zone and my cruise is leaving from the Pacific Time Zone and March 29th is my 45th day out from my cruise.

• March 28th 11:03 pm CDT online check in was NOT available.
  • March 29th 12:07 am CDT online check in was NOT available.
  • March 29th 1:22 am CDT online check in was NOT available
  • March 29th 3:20 am  CDT online check in WAS available

Using the Royal app required taking photos of passports so I logged into my account on Chrome and just had to enter the passport expiration date and number and uploaded copies of our vaccine cards.

Unfortunately at no time up to now am I able to select a boarding time.

So is it recommended to do the check in through my phone? I'll also be checking in for my 3 kids we are on EST, so I'm definitely hoping to select a boarding time, enter as much info as I can, but not wake them up for pics if I can avoid it. That day will be a school night for them.