Proposing on Allure of The Seas - Sept 2022

Hello everyone,

I've been cruising with Royal Carribean for about 12 years now and absolutely love the cruising life. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on our planned cruise in September 2022. I was thinking of doing it in Central Park near the flower wall. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on ideas? I'm open to anything but changing location as I'd like to propose on the ship. I have tried contacting RCCL for help or advice and they haven't been of much help. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks in advance.

If you're fairly confident she'll say yes, you can tell the waitstaff ahead of time and they might do something nice at the table. You could also spring for one of the room decor packages (it's nice cuz you can take all the stuff with you) and have the room all decorated when you get back from whatever outing you'll be on when you plan to go out to propose. Your room attendant will be the one putting them up so they'll need to know when you plan to be gone.

I'd also probably recommend avoiding formal night as Central Park is a good photo spot in general and probably even more so when people want to get all dressed up.

Otherwise --- congratulations!!!!!! I love love!

57 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'd also probably recommend avoiding formal night as Central Park is a good photo spot in general and probably even more so when people want to get all dressed up.

I agree. Central Park is pretty busy on formal night. The reverse thinking on this is that there will more than likely be a ship photographer near by that you can take pictures with. You could even speak with the photo people to see if they would be in on it with you. There is an option to buy a private photo session with a photographer. You could tell you're girlfriend you won a free session and you thought pictures together in Central Park would be nice. You could do the whole, "Oops, I dropped my seapass card" drop to your knee to it pick up trick, all while the photographer is snapping away. 

On 3/29/2022 at 2:03 PM, Canadian Cruiser said:

Hello everyone,

I've been cruising with Royal Carribean for about 12 years now and absolutely love the cruising life. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on our planned cruise in September 2022. I was thinking of doing it in Central Park near the flower wall. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on ideas? I'm open to anything but changing location as I'd like to propose on the ship. I have tried contacting RCCL for help or advice and they haven't been of much help. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks in advance.

So...I actually proposed on a Royal Caribbean ship. Enchantment in '99.  My biggest advice?  Talk to the Cruise Director.  They LOVE doing this kind of stuff!  He talked me through several options, but to keep the story down to non-novel length, essentially he and the assistant cruise director schemed to get her on stage between the opening act and the main show in the theater on the 2nd formal night.  I intentionally got a big drink so I could "excuse myself to the bathroom" just as the opening act was ending (helped for nerves, too!).  While I was out, the director came on stage doing the normal how's everyone doing shtick, then said someone had dropped their SeaPass card.  He called her by name and brought her on stage.  "How's the service been?  Enjoying table 153?"  So on and so forth.  Finally gets to how important it is to take care of your SeaPass because it's like losing money.  Asks her how she'd feel if he bought everyone in the theater a drink?  "I wouldn't care," she replies, deadpan as can be.  "It's linked to my boyfriend's credit card."  Crowd loses it.  Has to look like she's a plant at this point.  Until he says, "Well, I'd bet he'd have something to say about that!" At which point, I come on stage left after the assistant director lead me through the back of the house and proceed to propose.  She never saw it coming, and I know that for a fact because another benefit of using the Cruise Director as an accomplice is that I have the whole thing professionally videotaped, and can see the look of shock on her face.  Big or small, very public or private and quiet, they can make it happen.  They'll be able to share ideas and experience about what has worked, what hasn't, and how they can make it more likely to match your desires.  My biggest regret is that I did it on the 2nd formal night and not the 1st, because neither of us could buy a drink the rest of the cruise!  😂. Whatever you do, best of luck!

On 3/29/2022 at 2:03 PM, Canadian Cruiser said:

Hello everyone,

Which week?  I am on the Sept 17 sailing…sounds very romantic!  Best of luck!

I second getting cruise director involved. 

If you don’t want a big spectacle, there is a tiny sitting area in Central Park that is kind of hidden by a trellis type thing with greenery growing on it. It’s right off the walkway. The problem with doing it near the living wall is that the Trellis Bar is right there. 

Go watch a gazillion YouTube videos of Central Park and scope it out. I spend every evening in the park on multiple sailings and I can’t tell you exactly where the good spots are. I need to pay more attention! 

Good luck! Can’t wait to hear how it all turns out! 

Have you joined the roll call for that sailing? I’m sure you could find some accomplices to help! @PPPJJ-GCVABmight like to help! 😁