Vaccine Requirements

Bel-Air

Honestly anyone I know who goes on cruises is vaccinated.  The people I know who are not vaccinated are not people who go on cruises.  So is it hurting them?  It may not be in the long run.  I imagine they have a lot of smart people looking at this to determine if it hurts them or not.  If it doesn't, they have no reason to drop it.

23 minutes ago, IzzyB said:

Honestly anyone I know who goes on cruises is vaccinated.  The people I know who are not vaccinated are not people who go on cruises.  So is it hurting them?  It may not be in the long run.  I imagine they have a lot of smart people looking at this to determine if it hurts them or not.  If it doesn't, they have no reason to drop it.

Honestly, everyone I have cruised with in the past or were booked to cruise with on future cruises (prior to vaccine  mandate) are not vaccinated so I guess there are people "hurt" by it.

Our decision, our choice, just biding our time until we can cruise again. Plenty of other vacation  options that are happy to take our money.

• 2 weeks later...

The powers that be are starting to admit that vaccines really aren't stopping COVID, not protecting you FROM getting COVID.  If vaccines are so good at stopping COVID, why are vaccines not stopping COVID?  Basically, they're just a tool to reduce the effects of COVID and my opinion about that is, I don't even think that the vaccines have much to do with the current strain of COVID, anyway.  COVID has now morphed into a flu or cold type illness.  We have learned to live with it, we know how to treat it.  As we have hospitalizations and death with the Flu, we have and will have the same with COVID.  We're going to experience spikes with the flu and we're going to experience spikes with COVID.  

The preceding is my opinion and only my opinion.  You are welcome to yours.  

22 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

https://cruise.blog/2022/04/former-fda-chief-talks-when-vaccine-requirement-cruise-ships-might-end

Unfortunate news for those cruise lovers who are unable or unwilling to get vaccinated as vaccine requirements expected to last at least another year.

Couple of errors in that article.  Royal doesn't require guests over 5 to be vaccinated and the Health Sail panel was a collaboration of Royal and NCL, predominantly the brainchild of Richard Fain from Royal.  

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've found him to be a fairly even-keeled prognosticator during the pandemic. 

Stuff like this:

March 20: I don't expect a big increase in cases from BA.2

April 10: We're only reporting 1 in 7 cases of covid right now due to at home testing (which would be a huge increase in cases from BA.2)

He's not as bad as others in that regard but sometimes it feels like he gets talked to to tone things down once in a while.

But all in all I think he's had beneficial input to the cruise industry in the quest to get back to normal.

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Stuff like this:

March 20: I don't expect a big increase in cases from BA.2

April 10: We're only reporting 1 in 7 cases of covid right now due to at home testing (which would be a huge increase in cases from BA.2)

He's not as bad as others in that regard but sometimes it feels like he gets talked to to tone things down once in a while.

But all in all I think he's had beneficial input to the cruise industry in the quest to get back to normal.

He is being paid to be on the health sail panel, I believe he has major interests in Pfizer and he's somewhat of a media hound. The "science" has been all over the place throughout the pandemic.  Take everything you hear or read with a grain of salt. I'm not invoking conspiracy theories but it is impossible to remain neutral when your self interests are involved. 

8 minutes ago, BB1 said:

He is being paid to be on the health sail panel, I believe he has major interests in Pfizer and he's somewhat of a media hound. The "science" has been all over the place throughout the pandemic.  Take everything you hear or read with a grain of salt. I'm not invoking conspiracy theories but it is impossible to remain neutral when your self interests are involved. 

Gottlieb is on the Pfizer board of directors.  That right there is a self-interest that should be weighed with his opinion on the topic.

It's not that they are wrong per se, it's more like hopeful and wishful thinking based upon business interests versus medical necessity. It's been true pretty much for the last two years. Cruise lines and restaurants have been the worst effected by all the so-called experts the past two years and RCL like others are just trying to survive the business environment.

9 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

1. If you say "no one can predict the future," then why do you hold those who try accountable?  

2. ANYONE can make a prediction.  It is presumed in its very definition.

3. More often than not, scientists make "predictions" based upon the scientific method, and they are incorrect.  That is how science works.  Eliminate, eliminate, eliminate, until you get an answer that can be tested again and again achieving similar results.  

4. There is no need to point fingers at anyone whose job it is to make "predictions" because being wrong is part of the job.  How many times has anyone boycotted weather segments on the news because the weatherman was wrong in his/her "predictions?" LOL

While I am guilty of the rules simply by responding to this thread, I would remind everyone that these threads are for Royal Carribbean related cruising topics.

You totally misunderstood my point. I said you should take what "experts" say with a grain of salt because they are guessing. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. Believe what you wish but if you listen to their guesses you will be burned frequently. So to be on topic as far as I know, all those who can be vaccinated have to be to board. I just had my 4th shot and I'm going on my 7th cruise since the restart. I hope others can get their lives back to normal soon.

• Matt locked this topic